Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help, Please. Part 2

AO's MMA Fanatic! Computernerd22's Avatar

Help, Please. Part 2

Hello everyone at Antionline.com I am currently having a promblem with my website. Now the last time I had a promblem my promblem was fixed very quickly thanks to kurt_der_koenig and everyone who else replied. Now the The URL is;

http://home.bellsouth.net/p/pwp-gotrootonyourbox

What the promblem is I have a navigation toolbar across the top of my website home | about me | my services | etc...

When you click on the links at the top it should take you to that specific site. Instead when you click the links you get the message:

"Sorry, the BellSouth Personal Web Page or file you're looking for is not here",
    Now I uploaded all those pages to the FTP server. How I uploaded them? Using Internet Explorer. I uploaded the .HTML files to the FTP server using ftp://usernameassword@some.isp.com then I dragged and dropped the .html files ont the FTP server. I have the main page as index.html so the FTP server will display it as a webpage instead of an FTP directory. Now when you click the links on my website @ home.bellsouth.net/p/pwp-gotrootonyourbox then you click on "about me" at the top it should display this site: http://home.earthlink.net/~annkp72/id1.html on the bellsouth one. All help is greatly appreciated. computernerd22

the beign of authority kurt_der_koenig's Avatar
    Hey,
    Thanx for the rememberance! lol

"Sorry, the BellSouth Personal Web Page or file you're looking for is not here",
    Yes, very right. Like before you are resourcing to something that is not there and hence the 'File not found' is belched up by the Bellsouth server. You need to upload (or transfer- if you will) these files to your current host::
    • id1.html
    • id2.html
    • id3.html
    • id6.html
    • id7.html

If you would like I could zip them for you while fixing the image source for you!?! You could just 'bum' them off from your old space but it would be more efficient to to it like said above!

kurt

AO French Antique News Whore
    Using drag and drop to upload file via the ftp using IE is not a good idea. I recommend CuteFTP. Right now, your id6.html and id7.html webpage are not upload correctly while the id1, id2, id3 are.
    -Simon \"SDK\"

Using drag and drop to upload file via the ftp using IE is not a good idea. I recommend CuteFTP. Right now, your id6.html and id7.html webpage are not upload correctly while the id1, id2, id3 are.
    yeah, he just uploaded those pages since I posted!

Banned
    Originally posted here by SDK
    Why is it not a good idea? I've moved literally gigs of data that way and never had problems....

I recomend CoreFTP before CUteFTP, but thats just my favorite
    O.G at A.O

Because it sends everything unencrypted:

http://www.intranetjournal.com/artic...08_14_02b.html

Banned
    You're confusing sftp vs regular ftp... sftp is something a client as well as the server must support to be functional.

[edit]Computernerd22, just out of curiousity, is this an actual business site you plan on launching or is this some sort school project or ?

AO's MMA Fanatic! Computernerd22's Avatar
    To kurt_der_koenig you are the man thank you. I would really like to hook you up with some green but I keep getting this message

You must spread your AntiPoints around before giving it to kurt_der_koenig again.
    Thanks a lot.

Using drag and drop to upload file via the ftp using IE is not a good idea. I recommend CuteFTP.
    I have always used either MS-DOS prompt or command prompt or IE to transfer files via FTP. Either I can do it from the prompt old school or upload through the broswer. I don't like to use 3rd party software if I don't have to. No need for 3rd party software command prompt & IE work good.

Because it sends everything unencrypted
    Very true. Just like telnet and smtp (depends if the server has authentication on the smtp to server to reduce the number of spam going out there mail servers). Heres my question can my network traffic I'm using example FTP traffic (clear text aka unencrypted) data be sniffed remotely? Or is it only sniffed locally? To all I really appreciate it. Computernerd22

You're confusing sftp vs regular ftp... sftp is something a client as well as the server must support to be functional.
    am I? I'm still learning everythin' so I might be wrong. I do know that telnet sends everthing plaintext and I do not believe M$ ftp to be any different. Someone back me up?

To kurt_der_koenig you are the man thank you. I would really like to hook you up with some green but I keep getting this message
    Hey no problem man.... got enough to last me Glad to see everything worked out. Going along with TT; , is this a legit business or....?