Thread: Who has looked at a thread

Who has looked at a thread

I have an odd idea, to have a way for everyone to see who has looked at a thread. I know it sounds odd, but if I remember my php right it would not be hard to implement, I can't think it would be more than 10 or 20 lines of code. So how I see it, little work, and a bit of progress.

The site would be able to use page turns and member looks as a way to market.

I don't know, I just think it would help a lot of people

Sounds good..

I've seen more then one site with working implementations of your idea.. And I don't think it'll be hard to implement in this vBulletin board.
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

Hi mom!
    Horrible idea. I don't need others to know what I look at. You can already see the numbers of views per thread, that's enough for me.
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

Hard to beleave it, but thats actually even more pointless than thread AP.

AO French Antique News Whore
    I agree with Guus here, I don't want peoples to know all the thread that I saw, that privacy!
    -Simon \"SDK\"

Privacy??? Ohhh come on, PM's are private and many a person see what Pm's people start talking about.

So what is so bad about seeing who has looked at a thread?

What you don't want people to know that you are in cosmos, if you guys don't know, we can already see what you are looking at by looking in the members online thing.(Can't think of what it is actually called right now.) But that shows where you are at, and if you are looking at a thread, it says so.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    What you don't want people to know that you are in cosmos, if you guys don't know, we can already see what you are looking at by looking in the members online thing.(Can't think of what it is actually called right now.) But that shows where you are at, and if you are looking at a thread, it says so.
    Only if you choose to allow others see that you're online. (I have this turned off to avoid getting swamped with various PMs to allow for when I just want to quietly read rather than respond to threads). And PMs only become public if one party decides to make it private. What a person decides to view or not view really has, IMO, no relevance. I think it might lead to a "why didn't you reply to this thread?" problem and might discourage others from just viewing.

Personally I think there is nothing wrong with anonymous lurking.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

we can already see what you are looking at by looking in the members online thing

Why are you guys trying to destroy the site? You know that everytime someone suggests something and it is added onto the site, it only ends up forgotten & without purpose except for making the site look more and more like giant piles of dog-****. You guys are just pushing to see how far JupM's poor designing skills can possably go... just how much stuff can you implement and forget or jam into the top/center area of a site before you realise how annoying it is?

oh stop your whining, you ain't contributing much either
    AP Poster: ©opy®ight
    Hahahaha! Good joke, man. Pffffft.... "much". You could only wish to even go that far.