Thread: Another week, another hole in IE (this one's bad)

Another week, another hole in IE (this one's bad)

From: http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1009_22-5...=zdfd.newsfeed
    Microsoft is investigating reports of a new Internet Explorer flaw that puts people with the most secure version of Windows at risk of phishing attacks.
    [...]
    The Web browser flaw allows fraudsters to create a hard-to-spot spoofed Web site, according to an advisory from Secunia, even to the point of including a fake SSL signature padlock certificate. Phishers can also hijack cookies from any Web site, the company said.

"The problem is that users can't trust what they see in their browsers,” Thomas Kristensen, chief technology officer at Secunia, said. “This can be used to trick users to perform actions on what they believe is a trusted Web site, but actually these actions are recorded and controlled by a malicious site.”
    I wonder when Microsoft will come to the conclusion that their haphazard integration of IE into Windows created more problems than it was worth.
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Doh! My bad.
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Doh! My bad.
    Can I quote you on that?
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

If it makes you feel better about yourself, sure.
    Chris Shepherd

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Thank you....

I feel better.... But it might be the beer....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    I don't think MS will ever admit, openly or behind closed doors, that their "integration" of IE into their OS was a horrific idea. I can't get rid of IE but I can sure as hell remove all shortcuts, icons, and use wupdmgr.exe to update windows.
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.