Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Browser Security Test

just running the test on my linux box, mandrake 10, firefox 1.0. Came up with 8 specific tests.

High Risk Vulnerabilities 0
    Medium Risk Vulnerabilities 0
    Low Risk Vulnerabilities 0

firefox standard install on liunx with 0 risks, windows or linux i still think firefox is more secure. Be interesting if someone can prove me wrong.

Originally posted here by Modderfokker
    [...]
    firefox standard install on liunx with 0 risks, windows or linux i still think firefox is more secure. Be interesting if someone can prove me wrong.
    Firefox has 8 vulnerabilities. Telnetting to the webserver and manually entering the GET command has none. Do I get a cookie?
    Joking aside, there will always be vulnerabilities in software, and there will always be different ways of developing software. I think it's safe to say for the time being that Firefox is more secure than IE, however it's not really easy to gauge what future versions will be like. I remember a time when Mozilla vulnerabilities were being introduced at a rate far greater than IE vulnerabilities.
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?