Cyber Prison

Thread: Cyber Prison

Cyber Prison

Hey Folks ....

I'm on a vacation in the United Arab Emirates. The place is pretty neat. I'm staying in a state called Dubai which is also known as "The Internet City". The internet here
    is completely controlled by the government. The government here has blocked all sites containing information which they consider is a threat ( sites on hacking,phreaking) . Theyv'e even blocked P*rn sites too..! . I've tried going to different anonymous browsing sites given in earlier posts on AO regarding this . But all of these sites too are blocked ! . Does anyone have any other alternate solution ??? ... I'd be really grateful if someone could tell me some new anonymous browsing sites ( Hopefully the Isp haven't found them yet .. ). I'm really happy that these buttheads haven't blocked AO !! ...

Really looking For Help

PaCketThirst ( i wanna go home .. )

********** |ceWriterguy
    My suggestion to you is a simple one, and I'll state the reasoning for it here as well -

1. The Government in whose jurisdiction you currently are located has seen fit to block these sites from public view. This means that viewing them are probably illegal.

2. A foreign jail is a VERY BAD place to be.

and the suggestion - Don't even THINK of trying it.
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

|ceman has given you the best advice of your life..............DO NOT mess with them.............

A very nice young lady from that part of the world bought me a present once............it was a bottle of ink.................I guess the fountain pen that came with it, was something else?.............don't try to break rules you do not even understand

The last Islamic wedding I attended, I was ushered to a particular table.......................there was booze under it they did not indulge...............I would have been quite happy to attend their wedding "dry" but THEY decided to bend THEIR rules..............you have to leave those matters to the host...........

|ice would not have been able to do much better than offer me a "medicinal brandy"...........the United States Navy is "dry"................the Royal Navy is not...................

********** |ceWriterguy
    Heh. Had you been aboard during Desert Storm I could've shared a hienekein with you - we got 1 beer day. (90 days consecutive underway nets you 2 semi-warm beers). I certainly wish I'd have had the opportunity to visit one of the Brit ships operating with us. I hear the daily beer/rum allowance is quite nice indeed.

[edit] On reread I noticed this was entirely off-topic, so I figured I'd post (yet another) sea story that might apply a bit -

Date - sometime in mid to late 1989
    Ship - USS Iowa (BB-61)
    Port of call - Anatalya, Turkey

Now the Turks have this guy named Attaturk, who is much revered there. He is basically their George Washington, plus God rolled into one. His statues are EVERYWHERE.

We were told, on disembarking for liberty, that to defile a statue of Attaturk in any way, or even appear to ridicule it was against the law and a MAJOR nono.

Naturally, being the drunken Americans we were.... The following occurred.

I didn't know the guy in question, but I'm quite sure he'd never been accused of being the brightest bulb in the box. Add alcohol and you get quite the dangerous mixture. Stupid + drunk == WAY bad news...

Add to this the fact that Turkey has poor restrooms at best, (think hole in a floor and you're dead on) and in the various drinking establishments always readily available to help painlessly separate a sailor from his money they are most crowded indeed. Apparently too crowded for our ignorant shipmate to wait to use.

So he meandered (staggered?) his way out into town to 'tough it out' until he could find an appropriate spot...and here, before him, was this 20 foot statue of the Turkish Hero of Legend....

Now Turkey is a non-extradition country. There has never been an agreement between our two nations for prisoner exchange, nor do I anticipate one coming into play now or in the future.

Our not so bright young man TO THIS DAY sits in a Turkish prison, for urinating upon a statue. Oops. Like I've said a thousand times, stupidity is painful.

Don't be stupid.
    [/edit]
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    The internet here is completely controlled by the government
    Remember that, because even if you find a way to view what YOU want.
    THEY will STILL control ALL the media access, and will nail your butt to a pole WHEN they find you.
    UAE isn't that big.
    55 - I'm fiftyfeckinfive and STILL no wiser,
    OLDER yes
    Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

Flash M0nkey
    is whacking off to some net p0rn really worth getting ass raped in some filthy foreign prision??

v_Ln

True ! ... Better not mess around. Anyways P2P works fine here !!!. Guess i'll use http after i'm back home. Thanks Anyway !

paCketthirst

Originally posted here by PacketThirst
    True ! ... Better not mess around. Anyways P2P works fine here !!!. Guess i'll use http after i'm back home. Thanks Anyway !

paCketthirst
    I know this is a bit old now... but for your next vacation...

Have someone setup a box with remote desktop for you. Then just log in and use the ISP of another country where you are not blocked. If you really need to, you can ssh into some box and use a text based browser.

Those are two of the ways that I get around proxy filters.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.