uninstall windows 2000
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: uninstall windows 2000

uninstall windows 2000

how do i untinstall windows 2000 professional????????????
    Share on Google+

********** |ceWriterguy
    run fdisk. Delete the primary partition.
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!
    Share on Google+

it says iit cannot fine the file or one of its components
    Share on Google+

Please tell us what you are trying to achieve.............if you remove your operating system, you will only have a black screen to look at?
    Share on Google+

i want to remove windows 2000 professional because i am having problems w/ it and install xp
    Share on Google+

Just boot from the XP installation disk................it will delete Win2000

No problem................assuming that you have legal copies
    Share on Google+

Lebal copy/warez doesn't matter, i install mine off of a booable XP Pro (warez), installs perefectly just like my original copy !
    StreetsCrack.com Join The Best Music Social Network Online. Music downloads, promotions, forums, profile, games etc...
    Share on Google+

Lebal copy/warez doesn't matter
    Try reading the AO front page?
    Share on Google+

Oh please, nihil i've been here 3 years almost, don't tell me to read the front page, did i break the law because i said i have an illegal copy of Windows XP< oh no, are the feds after me now.

No problem................assuming that you have legal copies
    So you're saying if he has a warez version he wouldn't be able to boot off of it and delete Windows 200 and install XP ? What problems is he gonna have ? I've been using my illegal copy for 3 yers now, no difference between it and my legal CD .....no problems !
    StreetsCrack.com Join The Best Music Social Network Online. Music downloads, promotions, forums, profile, games etc...
    Share on Google+

********** |ceWriterguy
    Ok Aubtgr333, I suppose I should've taken your request seriously to begin with. Sorry about that - we tend to get jaded with such requests because what you're talking about doing is completely wiping everything you ever had on your hard drive and we techietypes tend to chuckle at the thought of someone doing this, and have a hard time understanding why they'd want to. Here comes a bit more thorough explanation on what to do now that your question is more clear.

Since you're only wanting to change similar operating systems, it's a lot less involved than just deleting one and prepping it for a fresh operating system install. Insert the windows XP cd into your cd rom drive. It should start to install automatically, but if it doesn't, click on start>my computer>(whatever cd rom your xp disk is located in) and it'll start. Follow the instructions from there to install.

Since you're already running 2k pro, I would *strongly* suggest you keep the NTFS file system when it offers the choice between it or Fat32. I'm not completely sure on this since I've never changed across like that, but I'm pretty sure that if you don't change up, your other files that are on the hard drive won't be effected by the changeover.

Depending on what kind of computer you're running, what speed processor, how much memory, and what kind and how many extra devices are on your machine, installation usually takes anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour, and is a pretty painless process.

I'll also tell you that it *might* be better for you to remove your hard drive, take it and the XP cd down to your local computer shop and have them install it for you since you're pretty new at this. If for some reason the install screws up when you try it, it'll cost you *more* at the shop to fix it than if you let them do the install in the first place.

Luck to you!
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!
    Share on Google+