Thread: Practical labs to enhance skills

Practical labs to enhance skills

I was wondering if anyone knows of links to sites or documents that offer:

- Labs that can be implemented in a home env.
    - Projects that will help enhance skills
    - Any type of practical work labs to help increase knowledge

Thanks for the help

Banned
    What kinda labs?

coderecycle you post is a bit vague. But, iĺl explain my setup, basicially i have 2 networks, 1 for work/the internet and the other for learning/penatration testing/hacking (whatever you wanna call it) the second isnt connected to the net.

the second consists of a whole lot of old computers (even a mac! brrrgh), with different OS and setups, and i use it to test out scenarios, host local wargames and generally much around with exploits and find out how they work.

this in my eyes is fun, educational and 100% legal.

hope that helped

p.s. a while ago MSMittens posted a really good wargames doc (setup, implimentation), try searching for that.

Here is the lab that Ms. Mittins created. Its actually pretty good stuff. I have used this tutorial myself, with my students. Positive feedback was the result. :-)

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=252513
    \"Common Sense, isn\'t that common\"
    \"It is a lot easier to raise a child then it is to repair an adult\"
    -Kruptos

Did someone said Pizza :) FanacooL's Avatar
    Well if you really want to enhance your skills and desiging and developing networks and other related skills then download OPNET..... its a very good simulator 100% recommended to all you all.
    One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man!

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Fanacool, it helps to provide the link: http://www.opnet.com/services/university/teaching.html (I think this is the one you're referring to -- note that it's free for students and educators)
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Or perhaps, if you wanna build a lab @ your house to test it, install VMWare. It allow you to install couple of OS as you wish under an OS. It also allow you to do networking (NAT, Bridge) within them.

What i have is just 2 PC, 1 install with Windows(XP, 2K and 2003-3 partition) and have Fedora C2 as my Virtual machine & another is Redhat, along with Windows 2K, + OpenBSD as my virtual machine. So in the mean time, i can have different OS to test out my work.

You can just start with vmware workstation 1st, later get everything on hand and familiar, can try to manage them in vmware server too. Or Virtual PC is another alternative option.

^_^ enjoy learning
    --=|2 be da happy children 0f da Mother Nature, 2 be da Best among da Best!|=--

Any Sufficiently AdvanceD TechnologG is InDistinguishable from MagiC. - Arthur C. Clarke