Thread: Is this true or Not? (VIRUS)

Did someone said Pizza :) FanacooL's Avatar

Is this true or Not? (VIRUS)

I received this message on one of my group yesterday....... Does anyone here at AO know about this or its just a fake message.....

If somebody by the name dvorak@yahoo.com adds you...don't accept it.. it's a virus. Tell everybody on ur bulletin because if somebody on ur list adds them, u get the virus too. Tell everyone on ur list not to open anything from angell11, tewwtuler and sassybitch. It is a hard drive killer and a very horrible virus. Pass this letter to everyone on ur buddy list. RIght click on the group name of your buddy list and click Send Messages to EVERYONE

If its true then howcome adding such ID in your messenger could bring a virus in the system seems difficult to understand can anyone help me..... And even if its not true is there a way a virsu can spread by the same method
    One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man!

That is an instant messenger hoax. Don't get caught up in hoaxes, make sure you research everything before believing things you receive in your email. Hope that helps.
    Sysmin Sys73m47ic
    -The Hacker Pimps
    -Development Team {FuxorWRT}
    http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=563

Shouldn't the IM short-hand (i.e. ur, u) have been the first implication that this was a hoax? Who was the message from?

Really, it helps to be a bit paranoid when dealing w/ security, but c'mon! Would you have really accepted any message from any of these people without knowing them in the first place?

Just my thoughts...

-Wiski
    My Corner of the Intarwebz: Jeremy Dean Online

No, by just adding somebody, you couldn't get infected.

Short and sweet enough ?
    O.G at A.O

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/hoaxes/yahooim.html <-- from google search using address and the word hoax (could also replace hoax with the word virus)
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

its a hoax, its going around myspace.com right now...Im trying to put a stop to it there
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com