Question about sp2...

Thread: Question about sp2...

AFLAAACKKK!!

Question about sp2...

Ok, so I'm fixing a friends computer right? I was going to turn on the firewall that came with sp2, so I go to control panel and look for the security center, Well I couldn't find it, so I was like "Well, guess he didn't download sp2" so I ran windows update and it said it was all up to date. So I double checked and went into add/remove programs, and it says that there is sp2 stuff installed. So I was like "weird". If sp2 really is installed, what happened to all the features? I can't find the security center, the popup blocker in IE, nothing!
    I am the uber duck!!1
    Proxy Tools

StreetsCrack.com Join The Best Music Social Network Online. Music downloads, promotions, forums, profile, games etc...

If you have it on classic view it doesn't just have three-messages. It actually has "two-seperate" icons aside from the "security center". You can either switch it to category view or you can go to "windows-firewall".

AO French Antique News Whore
    Windows Firewall has is own icon in the control panel as GArrigotti said.
    -Simon \"SDK\"

Banned
    Originally posted here by SDK
    Windows Firewall has is own icon in the control panel as GArrigotti said.
    Then why repeat it?

AO French Antique News Whore
    To make it more clear and to acknowledge the answer.
    -Simon \"SDK\"

AFLAAACKKK!!
    The conrol panel did not have a windows firewall icon...
    I am the uber duck!!1
    Proxy Tools

It will only have the "Windows Firewall" icon if your in classic view. Otherwise it will be in "Security Center". It doesn't have a shield it's a globe with a wall also, it should have the icon.

If it doesn't have the icon, try going to "start menu, accessories, then to system tools". If it isn't there (Definatley should be) go do a search for "Security Center" and it will automatically find area where the icon is.

also when the computer is booting after the bios loads it will have that little windows XP screen under windows XP their is the little lights that flash they should flsch blue if sp2 is installed and green if it is not so check that cuz that will tell you if sp2 is really installed.