Thread: Graphical User Interfaces, C++

Graphical User Interfaces, C++

Does anyone know how to create like a good-graphical user interface in C++? I ordered some books cause I just started learning but so far i've manage to keep myself stuck in "Command-Prompt" which hardly adds any appeal to the programs i've designed any suggestions guys?

Thanks,
    Greg

You can try Visual C++, QT, GTK+... and thats about all I can think of.

Thanks, any idea on where I could get QT or GTK+?

well if you realy want's GUI in c++ that's in your itching dos prompt... you can do it, try to use Turbo C++ IDE compiler it is also a dos 16-bit operation and graphics interface supporter.
    in advance if you get in it , you can actualy create your own VGA interfaces screen capturing,animation,hell lot to do
    you can find references in books of herbert schildt and robert lefore easily...and more u want to know start learning unix(working and programing) from today.
    smoking is really bad for ur PC....

Thanks, I'm downloading that program right now.

() \/V |\| 3 |) |3\/ |\|3G47|\/3
    Soda_Popinsky mentioned QT. I recently bought C++ GUI Programming With Qt3 - it might be a good option for you.

this book covers all you need to build industrial-strength applications with Qt 3.2.x and C++--applications that run natively on Windows, Linux/Unix, Mac OS X, and embedded Linux with no source code changes! The book teaches solid Qt programming practices; it is not a rehash of the documentation.
    *Just a note...this isn't a book for absolute beginners.

Go Finland!
    Deviant Gallery

Hm, I will have to look into it further. I've only been using C++ for about a month and a half. Eh, if it is I will just put it into my collection and wait until I'm advanced enough to use it.