Canada and cannabis
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Canada and cannabis

Canada and cannabis

Here is one for Gore. Of course they will start the debate about weather cannabis could be legalised or not.

bbc source

Cannabis hopes bolster drugs firm

The drug is grown at a secret farm in the English countryside
    A prescription cannabis drug made by UK biotech firm GW Pharmaceuticals is set to be approved in Canada.
    The drug is used to treat the central nervous system and alleviate the symptoms of multiple sclerosis (MS).

A few weeks ago, shares in GW Pharma lost a third of their value after UK regulators said they wanted more evidence about the drug's benefits.
    But now Canadian authorities have said the Sativex drug will be considered for approval.

Landmark

Approximately 50,000 people in Canada have been diagnosed with MS and 85,000 people are suffering from the condition in the UK.
    Many patients already smoke cannabis to relieve their symptoms.

Now, GW Pharma's Sativex mouth spray could be legally available to MS sufferers in Canada within the next few months.
    This will be the first time a cannabis-based drug has been approved anywhere in the world, representing a landmark for GW Pharma and for patients with MS.
    Final approval in Canada should now be little more than a formality, analysts said, and the company expects full approval for Sativex early in 2005.

"We are delighted to receive this qualifying notice from Health Canada and look forward to receiving regulatory approval for Sativex in Canada in the early part of 2005," said GW Pharma executive chairman Dr Geoffrey Guy.

Secret farm

The UK government granted GW Pharma a licence to grow the cannabis plant for medical research purposes.
    Satifex consists of a cannabis extract containing tetrahydrocannabinol and cannabidiol, a cocktail that has also proved effective in treating patients with arthritis.
    Thousands of plants are grown at a secret location somewhere in the English countryside.
    Despite hopes of regulatory approval last year, a series of delays has put back Sativex's launch in the UK.
    \"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.\"
    \"The reason we are so pleased to find other people\'s secrets is that it distracts public attention from our own.\"
    Oscar Wilde(1854-1900)

Ricky Williams can't wait for the NFL to expand outside the U.S.
    \"You got a mouth like an outboard motor..all the time putt putt putt\" - Foghorn Leghorn

Yes, we started that debate. About five years ago. It's nothing new.

Many Canadians have simply come to realize that the money spent on enforcing the prohibition of marijuana is simply not justified by the benefits it provides.

The current debate here centres not around legalizing it, but arount 'decriminalizing' it. Rather than a criminal record for a minor pot posession charge, police would issue tickets much in the same way speeding tickets are already issued.

I for one am proud to live in a country where such a debate is encouraged, rather than one where closed minds would prevent it. The merits of decriminalizing it are not my point. My point is that most countries continue to fight these things regardless of any debate on whether or not they should. I believe that that debate is a good thing.
    Government is like fire - a handy servant, but a dangerous master - George Washington
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force. - George Washington.

Join the UnError community!

They have a big gro-op in Flin Flon in one of the old mines so they can keep it safe.
    \"You got a mouth like an outboard motor..all the time putt putt putt\" - Foghorn Leghorn

About ****ing time.

Heh, I don't smoke pot, I'm an Opiates man myself. And even the complete ****ing morons who run the show with what is legal know better than to say Opiates are bad. No one would be able to put upw ith pain if Opiates were illegal. It's the fastest working, best drug ever.

Canada deserves a pat on the back for this. Nothing less would even begin to say thank you. Finally humanity realises for the.... 5th time? That Drugs are good and more help than harm.

It's only when it's popular by media that people care. Tylenol used to have illegal drugs in it a long time ago.
    Hi.

Just a couple of points.

We have a subsidised state medical service over here. MS sufferers would almost certainly be receiving disability benefit and free medication, paid for by the British taxpayer. That is why we are more cautious than other countries where you pay for your medication privately.

I have seen cannabis cigarettes taken from an old pharmacy. I believe that they were for treating asthma. So this is not the first medical use of cannabis in the UK.

Is there any truth in the rumour that Coca-Cola onced used to contain extract of coca plant (cocaine)?

Originally posted here by nihil
    Is there any truth in the rumour that Coca-Cola onced used to contain extract of coca plant (cocaine)?
    http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/cocaine.asp
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

Originally posted here by Drakain Zeil
    It's only when it's popular by media that people care. Tylenol used to have illegal drugs in it a long time ago.
    Illegal? Back before 1905 there wasn't a **** of a lot you could call illegal. Opium, Heroin, Pot, over tyhe counter. Tylenol is nothing but aceatominophen.

Originally posted here by Drakain Zeil
    Certain version like T3 still do. Its available in the US by perscription only. It contains Codenie. Similar to the 222 available over the counter in Canada but with a much higher dose of Codine.

Regards,
    -D
    If you spend more on coffee than on IT security, you will be hacked. What\'s more, you deserve to be hacked.
    -- former White House cybersecurity adviser Richard Clarke