Hi evevryone,

Im one of those over worked underpaid sysadms, so i'll just get straight to the point My inaugral first post, thanks.

Anyways, it was a dark and stormy night when i left the office, after spending 18 straight hours on the system, seting up some servers(between playing Rome:Total War, that is). The last thing i did was to configure 2 installations of Microsoft IIS 5.0 and put them on the net, one being a web site, and the other being a ftp server. I was banging around with it, and was testing the permissions. It looked okay, so i clocked off and went back.

The next morning when i came back in, and a routine check revealed that there is this folder in the inetpub\ftproot that i didnt create. Its called 'S 33404 ' and i certainly didnt put it there. A quick netstat revealed a ftp connection to my server and i realised i had forgotten to revert the permission to 'read only'. I shut down the service immediately, and tried to delete that folder, but to no avail, it could be not deleted.

The folder doesnt seem to be doing anything at the moment, i have checked the contents, but its still sticking around. My questions is: how do i get rid of it? Any suggestions would be really appreciated. In fact, i'll fall in love with you if you can tell me how to delete it BEFORE my boss finds out