Thread: BackOrifice now TRUSTED By outpost ??

Exclamation BackOrifice now TRUSTED By outpost ??

Greetings :

I use outpost as my firewall while going through it's configuration i found that in list of port trusted the UDP section contained the UDP port 31337 was selected as the trusted port.

While i see no way to add or remove listed port's. I really find it very confusing that a firewall like Outpost has such a port listed as trusted and also has not given a way to remove that port.

Any other user with Outpost 2.5 Pro please go through your configuraion
    anyway I have attached the JPEG image.

Now that’s funny. I've installed outpost on a number of machines. Its always been completely configurable and never had an entry for BO. You need to be more selective where you get your downloads from and run a virus check.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Greeting's

I downloaded it from Outpost's official site itself. I have an updated anti-virus and i also use a trojan cleaner, moreover i scan my computer online at housecall every 3 day's.

Also i don't use any P2P programe and scan my computer with Ad-Aware and spy-bot everyday before shutdown.

Also there is this perticular file which i downloaded for my friend from Grisoft (AVG Ver. 6 Free). which today while i was just exicuting some of the downloaded file after the file unzipped it started installation of a firewall I forgot which one (I did it again while writting this post and the installation it starts is of SOFTPERFECT FIREWALL.) this really sounds unbeliveable but it is true i have the file. I just wanna know if i can upload it.

This makes me feel sick is my computer rooted. I had heard or Elitewite or Elitetrap (I am not sure of the name) which can be used to combine 2 .EXE and exicute both at a time (I am really sorry i forgot the term for all this)

Any idea what i should do now. check all software ??? download all again or get on a CD ??? I'll get back after some research.

Thank you.
    Parth Maniar,
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP

*Thank you GOD*

Greater the Difficulty, SWEETER the Victory.

Believe in yourself.

Greeting's

Does anyone know a public place where i can upload that file so anyone who wants to download and check it can.

I am planning to send it to
    1. Outpost firewall (the JPEG and main .EXE of outpost firewall)

2. Grisoft (AVG's .EXE)

anyone with any suggeston can also tell me.

thank you.

well ... if u suspect there might be a virus... u can send it here...

http://www.virustotal.com/flash/index_en.html

rgds
    de

zip it and upload it (depends what size it is) or upload it on some free webservice...i'll take a look at it !
    O.G at A.O

Greeting's

I had e-mailed yesterday to Agnitum about such problem in configuraion, I have received a reply from them

This is not a list of Trusted ports, this is just a list of ports.

To add any port to the Trusted list you need to type its number in the
    special window at the bottom of the page (Under Enter port...)

and about the file of grisoft anti-virus, I no longer have the file the CD was formatted by a family member. sorry for that.
    Parth Maniar,
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP

*Thank you GOD*

Greater the Difficulty, SWEETER the Victory.

Believe in yourself.