Modifying Files LIst

Thread: Modifying Files LIst

Modifying Files LIst

I am running Windows 2000 Server with Citrix 1.8. I am looking for a way to have the OS write the list of files modified on that server for a given time frame to a text file.

I know i can search via windows search for files modified but I'm looking for a way to write those file names to a text file. anyone know of a way besides a print screen?

Perhaps a batch file?

Not sure about now, but you used to be able to do that in Outlook (not Outlook Express)

I'm kinda looking for a way to find ALL Files modfied not just outlook... Or did I mis understand you?

Sorry, you can use the search for files/advanced search facility in Outlook to produce a printout, or at least you used to be able to. This would be all files that match your search criteria.

alright, well I found something on the internet. I can use dir > myfile.txt to write the output to a file. However I"m not sure how to make it just write the files that have been modified within a certain time period. Any Ideas?

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    GFISIM from www.gfi.com is free and will email you after every scan you schedule, (you can do it hourly), with all the changes to any area of the filesystem you wish.... I use it on critical machines to determine if anyone gets onto the box a la tripwire. It's very good.
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

what is the full name of the software? I couldn't locate it on the website. All the program there cost $$$$

AO French Antique News Whore
    I cannot find GFISIM at the website Tiger.
    -Simon \"SDK\"

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    My bad... It's default email comes from GFISIM@yourdomain.com

It's called LANSIM and you can find it here
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides