Dual Boot

Thread: Dual Boot

Dual Boot

I've created three-partions one with Linux Red Hat 8.0, Windows 2000, and Windows XP. When I boot Linux or Windows XP they run perfectly fine. But when I run Windows 2000 it downloads at 27 kb when I was downloading at 587 kb off the same site. I thought maybe there was a confliction between Linux and 2000 so I uninstalled, still got te same thing once it was just 2000 and XP.

Is there some conflict between 2000 and XP? Windows 2000 runs perfect aside from the downloading rate. The rate is severly altered. Any suggestions?

I doubt it has anything to do with the other partitions, check to be sure firewall settings are correct it 2000(if you have one), and do a scan for adware/spyware.
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

Have you tried different browsers? Does the same thing happen?

i'd doubt your windows 2000 is giving your packets a real bad QoS, so they would get delayed in some queue somewhere if it was and your ISP was using QoS on their network.

is windows using up your bandwidth maybe? installing "updates" for itself, norton or something else?
    Hmm...theres something a little peculiar here. Oh i see what it is! the sentence is talking about itself! do you see that? what do you mean? sentences can\'t talk! No, but they REFER to things, and this one refers directly-unambigeously-unmistakably-to the very sentence which it is!

I already did a ad-aware scan, turned Norton off, made sure that there were no "windows updates", and different browsers but same thing happened. It's really, really weird. I'm on a 4 to 8 mb connection. So the drop is quite bizzare.

AO French Antique News Whore
    Download Rate is something VERY unpredictable. A lot of factor could change the download rate; website capacity, your download capacity, your isp workload, general Internet traffic, etc… But your download rate will NOT be affect by having 1, 3 or 1000 OS on the same drive as long that you only boot one at the time (No VmWare or Virtual PC); I can assure you of that.
    -Simon \"SDK\"