Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting started..

Check out this site. It publishes electronic books free. You only have to register to have access. The boks are very well written but I dont know if they cover the areas you are interested in. HAving said that I find them very usefull as an admin.realtime publishers
    \"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.\"
    \"The reason we are so pleased to find other people\'s secrets is that it distracts public attention from our own.\"
    Oscar Wilde(1854-1900)

Talking

Thanks! I'll check that out.
    http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=745
    http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=746
    -- Be a part of the team! Join Protochaderin and help us build the game you want to play! --
    - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...m/devlogo2.gif -

I recommend buying books on Amazon. Physically having a book makes things a little easier, and you don't have to Alt+Tab every time you switch between the tutorial in IE or Adobe to whatever software you're messing with. I found alot of good books on Amazon, used, for very good prices. Usually a good book can go from $30-$120, but I got six books for $62.

A_T
    Geek isn't just a four-letter word; it's a six-figure income.

as stated in my post - i didn't say use this book to *hack*.
    Did I bother to ask what purpose you read books for? Uhhh... no

AO Senior Cow-beller

Web based books

I'm a big fan of O'Reilly's Safari Bookshelf. You pay a monthly fee, but you can add and remove books as needed. I tend to refer to some books infrequently at best...I read through once, then put them on the shelf to get dusty. This way, I can read through it, and when I'm done (after a 30 day period that it's on my 'shelf') I can delete it and get another.

It's very useful for some folks, not so good for others...depends on your style. But at $200 a year, for the resources I've used, if I had bought books I'd have spent 10 times that.
    "Data is not necessarily information. Information does not necessarily lead to knowledge. And knowledge is not always sufficient to discover truth and breed wisdom." --Spaf
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made president should on no account be allowed to do the job. --Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
    "...people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right." - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore