Finding a Linux Shell with Google

Thread: Finding a Linux Shell with Google

Cool Finding a Linux Shell with Google

PHP Shell tries to give you a shell wrapped in a PHP script. It's a tool you can use to execute commands on your remote webserver, even if you don't have normal telnet or SSH access.

This tool is a double-edged sword. It can be very useful for webmasters and administrators to quickly issue commands on their linux systems, however, this great tool in the hands of a hacker can be used to grant instant shell access (with out even really having to work for it). :lol:

Ok, the above information is useful, but how is it useful to me you ask? I don't know where I'd find this on a remote server. Lets bring Google into our problem and see if we can't yeild hundreds if not thousands of results for phpshell.php (which is the actual script for PHP Shell). A simple query like the one I ran here: shows that there are quite a few results for phpshell.php , some of them may be protected, many of them are not. Which ones you ask? That's for a whitehat to wonder and a blackhat to find out.

My name is PuRe and this has been Hacking with Google.
    Like this post? Visit PuRe\'s Information Technology Community. We\'ve also got some kick ass Technology Forums. Shop for books and dvds on

lol, very good

(......./me takes off white hat and makes a cup of tea)