ID theft fears linger after laptop returned

Thread: ID theft fears linger after laptop returned

ID theft fears linger after laptop returned

I read about this laptop being taken the other day. What kind of cockroach would steal from a blood donor clinic. I hope they need blood sometime and can't get it.

Obviously the clinic is at fault for lax security but these people are giving blood to help save lives and now they have to worry about their identity being stolen.

Now I'm pissed off before the holidays sonsabitches

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1009_22-5501200.html
    \"You got a mouth like an outboard motor..all the time putt putt putt\" - Foghorn Leghorn

The kind that wants personal information. Dont you have to use your SSN when identifying yourself to the Blood Bank? (I cant remember since I signed up a long time ago)
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

I don't I ever had to give my SIN but it looks like the SSN is used in the US

donors whose names, dates of birth, Social Security numbers and other key information was contained in a database on the laptop.
    The laptop is now in the hands of a forensics expert who will try to determine whether or not the database was accessed or copied, Morrison said. The blood bank believed the laptop was stolen for its hardware rather than for the information it contained, he added, noting that the computer's security features offered some protection to the sensitive data.
    You'd wonder why they would have all that info stored locally but if they're a mobile clinic I guess they have too many networking issues??
    \"You got a mouth like an outboard motor..all the time putt putt putt\" - Foghorn Leghorn