Thread: Excel Password Cracking

Exclamation Excel Password Cracking

Alright, to start off, here is what has happened.

The company that my IT company supports work primarily from excel to do accounting. So they fire people often. Problem is, this person got wind of it before they were let go and password protected all of his/her spreadsheet. I'm looking for a program that will remove or crack the password on those spreadsheet. I've searched google and found only ones that cost money. If you all have read my previous post you know the company I work for won't spend money.

Anyone know of a good FREE Tool?

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    I wonder if Cain and Abel might be of help? Particularly with LSA secrets option (pulls from the memory?)
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

I tried Cain and Abel, it was my first thought. It couldn't help unfortunatly. :-(

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    Here ya go:

http://www.intertek.org.uk/downloads/

Though this program is COTS, there are ways to get it for free.
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Try download.com they have some free password recovery tools. The link is toward some of the downloads available
    link

try "free word and excel password wizard 1.0" it is about half way down the screen.
    \"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.\"
    \"The reason we are so pleased to find other people\'s secrets is that it distracts public attention from our own.\"
    Oscar Wilde(1854-1900)

thanks, let me see how these programs work out.

AO French Antique News Whore
    Check Elcomsoft Software. They are very good..

http://www.elcomsoft.com/prs.html
    -Simon \"SDK\"

thanks for your help. I had to go with passware software. One of the employee's had it here for "personal" use so i was able to use that. The free password crackers didn't work because they only went up to a max of 8 characters. This password just happened to be 10.

Thanks for all your help though. I really appreciate it.

i have some VBA code that cracks the password on an excel sheet.

but 'cause of the way excel works, there is always more than one password that will unlock the file.

so this macro may not give you the actual password, but it will unlock the excel file, bruteforce like.
    Hmm...theres something a little peculiar here. Oh i see what it is! the sentence is talking about itself! do you see that? what do you mean? sentences can\'t talk! No, but they REFER to things, and this one refers directly-unambigeously-unmistakably-to the very sentence which it is!

sound great.... can you hook me/us up?