Internet Explorer has totally crashed on me!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Internet Explorer has totally crashed on me!

Internet Explorer has totally crashed on me!

I am using Win 98 SE OS, and I can't open or use Explorer in any way I can't even browse my computer contents. I have tried every diagnostic test I can think of including Windoctor, Virus Scan, Ad aware, spybot. I reinstalled IE6 twice. I have tried to use the windows update, but it only works if you are using explorer. I am using mozilla in the meantime, but I don't know how to use it to scan my computer contents or how to run any of my control panel programs as they wont work without explorer either. I would really appreciate some help.

Developer Extraordinar
    Are you talking about iexplorer.exe (Internet Explorer) or explorer.exe (Explorer) I'm confused. I'm thinking you're going to have to describe the problem a little better...

microburn
    Come to UnError.com

Banned
    Are you talking about iexplorer.exe (Internet Explorer) or explorer.exe (Explorer) I'm confused. I'm thinking you're going to have to describe the problem a little better...

microburn
    He clearly means iexplore.exe (not iexplorer.exe nor explorer.exe) since he mentions web browsers. But it also appears to be explorer.exe since he can't use his control panel.

By the way, if ever in doubt, read the title of the thread, "Internet Explorer has totally crashed on me!"

moonstonediva, have you tried restarting the computer and using run to start iexplore.exe? Maybe your links are screwed up, check what they point at.

Hoopy Frood
    You had the latest definitions before you ran all those scans, right? Did you instal or downloadl anything new right before this started happening?

- Xierox

"Personality is only ripe when a man has made the truth his own."

-- Søren Kierkegaard

Developer Extraordinar
    He clearly means iexplore.exe (not iexplorer.exe nor explorer.exe) since he mentions web browsers. But it also appears to be explorer.exe since he can't use his control panel.

By the way, if ever in doubt, read the title of the thread, "Internet Explorer has totally crashed on me!"

moonstonediva, have you tried restarting the computer and using run to start iexplore.exe? Maybe your links are screwed up, check what they point at.
    and I can't open or use Explorer in any way I can't even browse my computer contents
    Also, he makes no reference to Internet Explorer or iexplorer.exe in his post.

It could have been possible he mistakened the two, I was just trying to clarify the problem fully.

microburn
    Come to UnError.com

Did someone said Pizza :) FanacooL's Avatar
    Well my clue here is that you need to reinstall your windows....... Its the only solution i have seen for this problem so far ..... it happen to me sometime and my guess is that may be some file get corrupted or something like that....... Also few people suggest just put the RAM in another slot and this will fix the problem well in my case hasn't work and also i can't see connection in between these two things......

Its nothing relating with antivirus or spyware type thing..... I am pretty sure some file got corrupted..... Solution as i said install windows again and even if you can't do that then as your using mozilla use it till you get annoyed.....

Cheers
    One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man!

Banned
    i don have a xp box (win 2000) but i am guessing "system restore " will help it

Hi there,

I once experienced the same problems. I was able to solve it by deleten the Internet Explorer folder in Program Files, plus deleten the registry keys of IE.
    Reboot, reinstall.

I hope this will help you,

Grtz,

^ If that doesn't work.

A friend of mine was experiencing this problem after running adware/spyware cleaner programs, if it happened after running one of these put the files from quarantine back and re-run the program.

Edit: Or you could d/l Firefox, which I haven't had any problems with thusfar. But that's just me.

http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=745
    http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=746
    -- Be a part of the team! Join Protochaderin and help us build the game you want to play! --
    - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...m/devlogo2.gif -

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man
    HAHHAHAHAH You cant run IE 6.0 on windows 98 SE. You have to downgrade to 5.5. I've had the same problem.

EDIT*

So it seems that there is a fix for it. On micorsofts page.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/...1/default.mspx

Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1

Internet Explorer 6 SP1, the latest version of Internet Explorer for users NOT running Windows XP, provides a flexible and reliable browsing experience with enhanced Web privacy features for all Windows users. This version includes a full installation of the Web browser and the most recent version of Outlook Express, the e-mail client that is included with Internet Explorer.

It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2