Rotation Tool

Thread: Rotation Tool

Rotation Tool

Rotation Tool for tablet pc. I have a tablet pc, it's a toughbook cf-18. There is a hotkey for rotating the screen, whenever I click it, it doesn't rotate, but all other hotkeys work. Any suggestions? I'm running windows xp pro.
    If at first you don\'t succeed, work for Microsoft.

Keeping The Balance CybertecOne's Avatar
    yes.... DONT play with it!

haha, i remember having a PDA and someone was messin with it, and they managed to go into the settings, and mirror, rotate and flip the screen - then lose where the settings where....

so here i am trying to return my screen to normal whilst having to understand the inside-back to front screen and options. heh

after reading up on the notebook itself.... when you press the button, is it suppoed to rotate? because i got the impression you have to turn it;

The title of Most Durable-Looking Convertible Tablet Hinge has been held by Toshiba’s Portégé 3500 for a long time, but while the CF-18’s is much more subtle looking, it’s a worthy candidate for the title. It feels tight when you rotate it, and it snaps into place with a nice metallic click. Converting doesn’t require fussing with side latches.
    Perhaps you have to press the rotation tool button -after- you have rotated the screen by hand. the button may only work once its flipped...

let me know

CTO

[edit] Perhaps the button is the release so you are able to turn it, and thats the little metalic click..... all that should be in your manual.... [/edit]
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    - Albert Einstein

Yeah, I've tried pressing the hotkey both ways. It only flashes but doesn't do the 90 degree turn, 180 degree, 270 degree and back to normal. It just flashes but doesn't turn. I'm formatting it now and restarting.
    If at first you don\'t succeed, work for Microsoft.