Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Happy Holidays!!

AO Security for Non-Geeks tonybradley's Avatar

Happy Holidays!!

I have had times when I have stayed away from AO for months at a time, but I have always kept the link on the top of my browser.

AO offers me a multitude of opportunities to help other members solve computer and network security problems and expand and hone my own skills. More importantly, the community has helped me out on many occasions to solve a problem or clarify information.

Sitting here on Christmas Eve, with the end of 2004 approaching, I wanted to just wish the entire AO community Happy Holidays, whatever that may mean to you, and best wishes for a joyful and prosperous 2005.

Happy Holidays!

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Sitting here on Christmas Eve, with the end of 2004 approaching, I wanted to just wish the entire AO community Happy Holidays, whatever that may mean to you, and best wishes for a joyful and prosperous 2005.
    Yer such a geek, wishing holiday greetings on Christmas Eve..... Oh wait. So am I!

Happy Holidays to you as well Tony and to the rest of AO. Hopefully the rest of you (save for probably Microburn because he's in the same area as me) will have a white holiday rather than a flooding one that's happen out here in Eastern Canada...
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Not much hope of a white christmas here in paris but there will be plenty of christmas spirit (whiskey,gin,vodak........... ). Merry christmas and a happy new year to all.
    \"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.\"
    \"The reason we are so pleased to find other people\'s secrets is that it distracts public attention from our own.\"
    Oscar Wilde(1854-1900)

Well Christmas night is tonigh here Gettin drunk of course... and oh yeah

Merry Christmas from AO's most loved troll.
    O.G at A.O

Talking Rawr ~

Happy Holidays to AO!
    http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=745
    http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=746
    -- Be a part of the team! Join Protochaderin and help us build the game you want to play! --
    - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...m/devlogo2.gif -

Eveybody here on AO I wish you all a Merry Christmas
    I had to google 'jfgi' to see what it meant. The irony is overwhelming.

AntiOnline n00b
    Hi,

Wish Everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

--Good Luck--

AO Security for Non-Geeks tonybradley's Avatar
    Hopefully the rest of you (save for probably Microburn because he's in the same area as me) will have a white holiday rather than a flooding one that's happen out here in Eastern Canada...
    Well, we got about a foot of snow dumped on us yesterday and the temp out is around 10 with a wind chill factor below zero- so I don't see it melting anytime soon. Tomorrow is supposed to be even colder. I don't think we're supposed to get back to "normal" cold winter temps until the middle of next week.

What is everyone doing for the holidays? Any lifelong Christmas Eve or Christmas traditions you care to share?

For Christmas Eve we prepare a handful of appetizers and hors'dourves (sp??) for "dinner" and the kids each get to open one gift. On Christmas morning we start opening presents. But, we don't tear straight through per se. If a kid opens something and wants to play with it we just put the present opening on hold for a while to let them enjoy what they opened. We don't finish the actual present opening until late afternoon or early evening sometimes. We have a couple of traditional family favorites for Christmas breakfast and we order Chinese takeout for our Christmas dinner.

Rather than trekking across town to gather with distant relatives, we do the opposite. Christmas Eve and Christmas are ours and ours alone. We can see family other times and will get together with inlaws and aunts and uncles and cousins on Sunday or Monday maybe, but we hold Christmas Eve and Christmas very dear and enjoy the peace and solitude of just being together as a family unit. Truth be told- I *love* Christmas- but my wife and I are both atheists. We celebrate the Santa Claus, Christmas tree, gift giving, house decorating, commercial marketing version (all of those things that were originally part of other observances- mainly pagan solstice rituals- but got co-opted by the Catholic Church with their "if we can't beat them we will just assimilate their rituals and make them ours" mentality) of Christmas rather than the birth of Christ version.

How about you?

********** |ceWriterguy
    Happy Christmas to you all.

Tonight, Mrs. |ce and I are planning on going caroling (wassailing!) with a rather large group of our friends.

Tomorrow the |ce family shall be attending the annual family dinner at my parent's house. There we shall feast upon, among other sundries, Cajun fried turkey, baked ham, leg of lamb, roast beast, baked sweet potatos, dressing, homemade fruit salad, and (my personal favorite) chocolate mousse.

When stuffed to overflowing, we shall retire to the livingroom, therein to watch the children open their presents from the family, and exchange gifts with each other, and afterwards watch football and nap by the warm fire. This, of course, will be followed by a supper of 'dinner leftovers' and a pleasant trip home.

This year Mrs. |ce and I plan to extend our Christmas holiday and share our Christmas spirit by taking a short side trip to the local hospital, with chocolates and toys to be given out on the children's ward. We shall be inviting those friends who go caroling with us to join in this if they are able, and hopefully we can sing there as well.

Again to you all, we wish the Happiest Blessings upon you and your families this Christmas.

Mr. and Mrs. |3lack|ce
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    Christmas is here ..................UK that is.
    We are expecting SNOW

A very merry Christmas to all the membership at AO.

And now [pong]

CHEERS[/pong]
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone