Help! .ISO Problem
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help! .ISO Problem

Help! .ISO Problem

Ok welll I'm trying to do a fresh install of windows xp with an .ISO, I use daiman mount it and everything but then it restarts and tells me to put the disk in the drive, How do I get it to read the disk off the E drive not the D drive.

Wai what ? Did you burn the ISO as in image or did you just put t on a CD ? If you burned it correclty it shouldn't matter what cd-rom it's in. Of course your BIOS has to be set to boot off of a CD first than hard drive.
    StreetsCrack.com Join The Best Music Social Network Online. Music downloads, promotions, forums, profile, games etc...

lol, I figured it out, I had to use a hex editor.

Banned
    ROFL! You can't boot off a mounted image in Daemon Tools... you need to burn it to a CD and boot from the CD.

Banned
    Originally posted here by Trav1s
    lol, I figured it out, I had to use a hex editor.
    Now you gotta explain this... how did you boot off an image that was mounted in Daemon Tools and where does a hex editor come into play???

Im confused
    StreetsCrack.com Join The Best Music Social Network Online. Music downloads, promotions, forums, profile, games etc...

Hi!

That is a common problem. All you need to do is remunerate the drive IO identifier.

To do this, you need to use your hex editor and edit the ISO file. Look for:

code:
    486F 6D65 206F 6620 7468 4865 576H 576F

And change it to:

code:
    486F 6D65 106F 6620 7468 4865 576H 576F

That will make it so it will read from the correct drive.

I'm still trying to figure out how to do this, I dont understnad how because it wont allow me to search for the whole string in the find box in hex workshop.

Banned
    Originally posted here by Trav1s
    Hi!

That is a common problem. All you need to do is remunerate the drive IO identifier.

To do this, you need to use your hex editor and edit the ISO file. Look for:

code:
    486F 6D65 206F 6620 7468 4865 576H 576F

And change it to:

code:
    486F 6D65 106F 6620 7468 4865 576H 576F

That will make it so it will read from the correct drive.

I'm still trying to figure out how to do this, I dont understnad how because it wont allow me to search for the whole string in the find box in hex workshop.
    How does editing the ISO 'remunerate the drive IO identifier'?

AntiOnline n00b
    Hi,

Can't you just Try opening the .ISO File with a CD burning Software like Nero ...................and Burn yourself a CD and Boot with that CD like we all do .................rather than Conduction these weird Experiments with a HEX editor and the .ISO.

Or are we Missing something Here ?

--Good Luck--

Coudlnt you mount the image from let's say C Drive to a virtual CD rom and then install XP that way on D Drive ? Since you're not formatting C drive, the detup should be readable while it runs all the way right ?