I am new here and hope someone can help me with this problem.

I have recently switched ISP from a Cable ISP to a DSL High Speed. I noticed however, under Network Connections, the ip address asociated with my connection is 192.168.2.1 and that is labled Internet Connection and apears to be functioning as a gateway. My Local Area conection has an ip of 192.168.0.10 and apears to be bound to the gateway. I am concerned with the security of this setup. Initialy there was no "Internet Conection" only Local Area Conection, but I found NetBIOS and File shareing to be enabled. It wasnt untill I disabled the NetBIOS and file shareing that I recieved the new Internet Conection Gateway.

When I signed up for the service, I was informed there is no port blocking, however I notice when useing clients such as p2p clients and running tests, a remote computer is not able to comunicate with my open port, they recieve time outs and essentialy no responce to any packets they send me. I have atempted many port numbers such as 40505 and again same results. I am woundering if someone can help me understand what might be going on hear and how I can change it so that I can run clients and acept conections.