my theory
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my theory

my theory

i think this is crazy, that i should not be posting it
    but donno y i am posting
    be a bit patient please to get my point

i was sitting on a bus, there was a terrible traffic
    i was thinking if i could be fragmented into pieces and reassembled in my destination place
    then it made me think of teleportation(saving the proprieties of an object, destructing it, recreating it in another place )... i remembered something i read abut a successful experiment done on an atome, they could teleporte it
    do a search abut this it is funny,intresting

after that i was busy looking at the lights and xmas trees on the road

then an idea came to my head
    what if we can do something like teleporting for the data instead of sending it on the "roads" and having to route it, why should i bring something from the net, then send it completely to the recepient.
    why not save the proprieties, than something, reads the proprieties of my object, then gives a raw object that belongs to the destination the same proprieties of my original one, then the original object can be destructed

so instead of moving the object, i move the proprieties

doesn't that gives the same effect like sending

or why not have pointers to point to object
    like i want to send an object, or a message, i create it, then it is put in someplace other than my box, then when " i send the message" i send the pointer to that thing i created
    i only have to move an address name, instead of the whole object, why not create an internet space, internet cells and addresses
    immagine a space of objects, pointers...

don't wanna write long or a lot hope u got me

that will make us get rid of the whole protocoles, new ones will need to be made

so what u think of the above:
    pure nonsense? or good immagination

can u discuss it considering the theorical part of it
    just immagine the processes
    just do it for the fun of it

do u think it is worth some time of thinking and meditation
    if it is where is a place to discuss it, do u know any forum for future computing solutions or crazy minds at work....

There's nothing new about that. The problem lies in practical issues.
    It's is not exactly easy to 'teleport' an entire object such as a human.
    Anway, what you are saying is implemented when quantum mechanics is applied.
    Yes, if you have a disk full of data it should be possible to transfer it all in no time to my disk.
    If we limit ourselves to quantum computing (cpu), can you imagine how impossibly slow computers are today? Von Neumann bottleneck, anyone?

Crap, I am drunk. lol What an incoherent reply.
    The above sentences are produced by the propaganda and indoctrination of people manipulating my mind since 1987, hence, I cannot be held responsible for this post\'s content - me

www.elhalf.com

********** |ceWriterguy
    Go read this:
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...0&pagenumber=1

After reading this, put on your tinfoil hat and go think on it again...
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

It's is not exactly easy to 'teleport' an entire object such as a human.
    I have sent a few to hell................

then an idea came to my head
    Oh my God...............next thing you will be asking us to vote for you?

Beeeee,

I think that the concept lies in wireless?

After reading this, put on your tinfoil hat and go think on it again...
    Are you being ignorant? Or just plain funny?
    The above sentences are produced by the propaganda and indoctrination of people manipulating my mind since 1987, hence, I cannot be held responsible for this post\'s content - me

www.elhalf.com

You realy need to look past the paranoia in that thread to see the science.. i think that us why the mention of the foil hat.. probably better if we squeeze out the good bits.. and discard the useless pulp.. I wont discuss the science from that thread in this post..

Quantum physics has as one of the areas of study.. of faster than light communications.. that is the change occuring at the destination as it occures at the source.. cool huh..
    Warp drive has been accepted as possable by the astonomical society for a number of years
    as has The ability to teleport an object..
    Currently Time travel is for the fiction writers.. many reputable Science organisations have delegated this one to the THB (too Hard Basket).. I would have thoght Time travel more achievable than teleporting a human.. That is a live human being more than just an object..
    ahh the end of automobile accidents.. hmm teleport beam collisions???

(a little humour ar the end.. but generaly thinking of the science of the idea)

Cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

You realy need to look past the paranoia in that thread to see the science.. i think that us why the mention of the foil hat.. probably better if we squeeze out the good bits.. and discard the useless pulp.. I wont discuss the science from that thread in this post..
    Well of course, but it was an attempt ...

www.elhalf.com

I'd be most worried about the other things that would be teleported with me... I don't want to end up at the other end with my palm pilot sticking out my arse. Or, like from that movie the fly... I don't want to switch heads/bodies with an insect. Not to mention all the mold and bacteria and disese that you can't even see.

I think about that all the time. I wish I could just get home faster... so I can do nothing faster.
    It seems like I rush the day around to do absolutely nothing of importance in the evening.
    I did 95mph on I95 yesterday on the way home just so I could go home and frag.... I might have got home 10 minutes faster.... big deal....
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

********** |ceWriterguy
    Are you being ignorant? Or just plain funny?
    You realy need to look past the paranoia in that thread to see the science.. i think that us why the mention of the foil hat..
    Ummm No. I was calling beee a candidate for the looney bin, or stoned, or both. I still stand with that viewpoint. I think the big reason for this was that his post was most difficult to read and understand, and reads like a log of a psychotic episode. I shall try to reread it without the 'I was sitting on the bus' prose and translate it, but I don't see much chance of success.

[edit] I got as far as point one - teleportation - and decided to add this, then write the remainder off as nonsense.

The following is a quote from "The Dilbert Future".

Transporter
    It would be great to be able to beam your molecules across space and then reassemble them. The only problem is that you have to trust your coworker to operate the transporter. These are the same people who won't add paper to the photocopier or make a new pot of coffee after taking the last drop. I don't think they'll be double-checking the transporter coordinates. They'll be accidentally beaming people into walls, pets, and furniture. People will spend all their time apologizing for having inanimate objects protruding from parts of their bodies. "Pay no attention to the knickknacks; I got beamed into a hutch yesterday."

If I could beam things from one place to another, I'd never leave the house. I'd sit in a big comfy chair and just start beaming groceries, stereo equipment, cheerleaders, and anything else I wanted right into my house. I'm fairly certain I would abuse this power. If anybody came to arrest me, I'd beam them into space. If I wanted some paintings for my walls, I'd beam the contents of the Louvre over to my place, pick out the good stuff, and beam the rest into my neighbor's garage.

If I were watching the news on television and didn't like what I heard, I would beam the anchorman into my living room during the commercial break, give him a vicious wedgie, and beam him back before anybody noticed.

I'd never worry about "keeping up with the Joneses," because as soon as they got something nice, it would disappear right out of their hands. My neighbors would all have to use milk crates for furniture. And that's only after I had all the milk crates I would ever need for the rest of my life.

There's only one thing that could keep me from spending all my time wreaking havoc with the transporter: the holodeck.
    [/edit]
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

Hi

I quote Und3ertak3r, however I could quote dozens of press articles in this context:
    Quantum physics has as one of the areas of study.. of faster than light communications..
    that is the change occuring at the destination as it occures at the source.. cool huh..
    I want to point out that, up to my knowledge, all statements like "communication possible
    faster than light" are wrong. The most famous experience, where the scientists emitted
    two beam of "twin-photons" (light particles) into a polariser at position A and one at position B,
    does not prove the above statement, although the press did claim so (for whatever reason...).

The experiment (I do not have a well-readable source, sorry) worked as follows:
    The polariser at position A rotates according to a function, polarising the
    photon at position A. The twin-photon at position B, maybe it is polarised oppositely at the
    same time, passes by the polariser at position B, allowing a measurement.

The scientists observed that the measurement of the photons at A and the measurements of
    the photons at B are very strongly correlated (due to that rotation-funtion of the polariser at A),
    allowing for a statement like "change occuring at the destination as it occures at the source."
    However, the scientists were able to extract that information after comparing the
    results (a guy at position B had to walk to position A ).

Hence, the experiment does not show a "violation of causality" (as scientists call the press statement),
    but allows for someting completely different: "perfectly secure connections". If the information
    packet has been intercepted in between, the states of the "photons" have been changed, which destroyes
    the possibility of the above experiment, ie. as well the interceptor as the receiver will just
    get garbage - 100% pure garbage.

successful experiment done on an atome, they could teleporte it
    Yes, there was an experiment, in which the experimentators teleported the properties (the "state") of an
    atom onto another atom, which was not the same, as far as I recall. The press called it "teleportation".
    To do the same technique with a lot of atoms is, at least nowadays, impossible. To do it with a human
    being (who consists of approximately 10^27 atoms or so (well that was a 5 seconds guess)) or with a
    continuous stream of data - hmm, I don't know.

Well, since I started
    Warp drive
    I like it - I guess it will be possible at some point. One way I like to look at it is the following:
    Assume you are living on the surface of earth. Further assume, the fastest possible speed, we think is
    possible, is 3000mph. Now, imagine you travel to the other side of earth not on the surface, but through
    the earth itself. For a naive person living on earth's surface, it looks like you travelled faster than this fastest
    possible speed. By going from 2 dimensions (earth surface) to 3 dimensions (earth sphere) we could "travel"
    faster than the fastest possible speed. With the universe it is similar. Let's move from 3d to 4d,
    and we have the mathematical means to allow for a "warp drive". Note, that string theory is based on
    10d (nowadays often 11 dimensions), so there are enough dimensions available (theoretically spoken ).

I hope, I was not too much offtopic, and if I got something wrong, please correct me.

Cheers.
    If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.
    (Abraham Maslow, Psychologist, 1908-70)