Thread: Linksys BEFW11S4

Linksys BEFW11S4

Does anyone have one of these? I want to know if like my old linksys wired router, the external MAC is user-configurable??

I could not find any info on the website, and could not find the answer in a search of these forums.

Linksys site link...
    Linksys BEFW11S4

I am not sure what you mean by external MAC address but the MAC addresses for the router are not configurable.
    -rasem

i have it there is tab

MAC address clone
    Wireless Network Access

on thoes 2 is only where you can config mac or do anything with it hope it helps
    Un Seen But Well Heard Of

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    The only thing you can do with the MAC address of the router is to clone it with another one. The only real use this has is for connections that have ISPs that may do connection-per-MAC or if your router is daisy-chained to another router that has MAC address rulesets or whatever it is...

That's about it though...you can't change it, but you can clone it and hence, when the router sends out packets to the connection's it's hanging off of, it'll have that MAC in its place instead of the original actual address.
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

:D

tHx st1mpy and Vorlin... I was just researching this to help me make a decision to buy or not to buy. I bought this other old speedstream router that you couldn't clone with, and the ISP I want to be on has MAC authentication.