Whats wrong with my LAN?

Thread: Whats wrong with my LAN?

Whats wrong with my LAN?

hey people...am here again. this time its the LAN and more probably the server itself. my server is win2000 Advanced server. I got problems here at the office. Some employees here are coming up to me, since am the admin, that when they open an MSexcel or MSword file they got an error message about coding and embedding and the file will close since the prompts are more about closing the program. am suspecting that the LAN or the server has the problem. might u encounter these same problem and can help me? and also, the paste is missing. know what am saying? example u copy a text something. when u right click on, say notepad, the paste doesn't work. thats all.

you need to be alot more clear on the error(s) there are a million different reasons that a file could have a bug and most have nothing to do with the lan or server, unless the files/programs are dependant on the server. give us some more info on the errors and the set up if possible.
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

the files on the other computers are not dependants on the server. the files are just on the computers on each users. they are connected through lan and routers. some of the computers are having an error on svchost.exe that reads "The distribution at 0x77fc9def referenced memory at 0x7c54144c. The memory could not be "written". Click ok to termintate the program." And oh, some files on the folders are not to be seen. I've clicked on the folder options to see if the files are hidden but still doesn't show up. Even if it sez, 10 objects (3 hidden).
    you can fool some people sumtime...but u cant fool all da people all da time - marley

Banned
    Are you serving the Word or Excel apps from the server? If so, it sounds like you may have a sharing error. Something that can help in this is to install Dr. Watson on the server (if it is throwing the errors) and the workstations. Dr. Watson (Google: Dr. Watson AND Microsoft) is a Windows error debugger. This will give you a dump of the error, the memory locations and applications that are causing the problems. It will make it easier to find the core issue.

This, of course, assumes that you have a current anti-virus, firewall and all that installed and running, and you have already checked the Word and Excel files for Wazzu and other macro virii?