Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scientific Question

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man

Scientific Question

So, I know this has pretty much NOTHING to do with computer security and all but its driving me crazy. I'll just post it here, cause I have seen more intelligent people on this board over the past years than any other.

The other day I was hanging out with my room mate, smoking some *cough* tabacco, out of our *cough* 3ft water pipe. And he wanted me to finish the hit that he could not finish. Of course if you have ever smoked out of a "Water Pipe*", then you know left over smoke quickly goes stale. So i say " No way dude, its all stale. It'll make you cough." and he says there is no such thing as "Stale Smoke" . And he proceeds to challenge me to find scientific PROOF that smoke goes stale.

So heres my question: What change takes place on the molecular level to smoke after X amount of time?

I've searched google but found nothing really.... anyhelp would be appriciated.
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

Possibly the water? Maybe certain elements start separating?

Fresh water?

The humidity of the pipe causes the smoke particles to cluster together creating a harder hit. The taste is due to increased exposure to magic water, ect..
    A mind full of questions has no room for answers

********** |ceWriterguy
    The freshness of smoke is due to the amount of air that's contained within it. By using a bong you've concentrated that smoke, which for your purposes is quite understandable. However by leaving that 'last hit' trapped within the chamber, you've caused the air to spill out of it more, and to have the smoke sit still in its concentrated form. The particles within the smoke settle back into the water.

Now understanding that smoke is a suspension of particles in gasses, it leads one to believe that the solid parts are what you're trying to inhale. It's also those same solid parts that give the smoke its 'freshness'.

Try drinking the water sometime - it tastes nasty as hell, but the resins within it are concentrated 'particles' - after several years of use your bong will acquire a nice thick coating on
    the inside, which is wonderful to scrape and 'recycle smoke' - pure concentrate.
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

Banned
    the smoke will also cool down which makes it "stale"

Heh heh heh......I always wanted to say this (not), but as an old guy its my responsibility.

Back in my day, we used wine, not water, in our waterpipes. After 6 months or so of use, we would have a wine drinking party.

(I didn't really say that did I???)
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

********** |ceWriterguy
    LOL Moxnix - in my day it was jack daniels... and it gave the whiskey a very foul taste afterward, but we didn't care - the smoke was *very* mellow...

Old story from 'back in the day' -

Had a bud that was an old hippie type - real aunthentic woodstock era. (the real woodstock, not the playtime they have nowadays - the legendary one).

This guy had a ceramic bong that he'd purchased around that time...that had never been scraped (couldn't! no way to open it). One day he drops it. Oops..

1/2 oz of fresh scraped tar-hashish later we were happy campers again. Oh, and superglue works wonders on ceramic bongs.

NORML! It's not just a concept.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

Raspberry vodka is supposed to be good....

Along with ice...

Of course, I wouldn't personally know.

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    Sh1t :
    We couldn't afford them fancy durgs.

We did the 'classic' of a saucer of 'Brasso' with a slice of bread over it. the alcohol was evaporated out of the Brasso, and absorbed into the bread ................. Then eat the bread

[Brasso - metal polish, UK, popular with British housewives, sailors and skint students ..........]
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

********** |ceWriterguy
    Never tried the brasso trick. I do know it makes a good incendiary though. I did make some 'bilge wine' once with 1200psi main steam and some potatos stolen from the galley... Tasted kinda good mixed with Dr. Pepper.