No more free adaware from lavasoft??

Thread: No more free adaware from lavasoft??

AFLAAACKKK!!

No more free adaware from lavasoft??

Now, Forgive me if I have been living under a rock for the last couple of months, but has lavasoft stopped supplying people with updates to their free adaware programs?

I havn't been able to download updates for a while and then I saw this note on the bottom of the update window and it says that I need to upgrade to adaware SE to get any more updates. So I head over to lavasoft and I find out that I have to purchase the program!

Could this really be true??
    I am the uber duck!!1
    Proxy Tools

********** |ceWriterguy
    We haven't forgotten ya Duck. I checked mine (updated just last week) to find the same thing. Perhaps it's time we check the site/ask 'em by mail?
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

I just downloaded the newsest version 1.05 from downloads dot com and updated it without problems... you can purchase it, but it's still free...
    StreetsCrack.com Join The Best Music Social Network Online. Music downloads, promotions, forums, profile, games etc...

********** |ceWriterguy
    A visit to their site found this -

Important notice for users of Ad-Aware 6 all versions!
    Please upgrade to Ad-Aware SE. We are now discontinuing reference file and product support for Ad-Aware 6 and urge users to upgrade their existing copies to the new Ad-Aware SE. We continued support of the older version of Ad-Aware to allow users time to upgrade while still enjoying the protection they have come to expect from our software...

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

Re: No more free adaware from lavasoft??

Originally posted here by The Duck
    Now, Forgive me if I have been living under a rock for the last couple of months, but has lavasoft stopped supplying people with updates to their free adaware programs?

I havn't been able to download updates for a while and then I saw this note on the bottom of the update window and it says that I need to upgrade to adaware SE to get any more updates. So I head over to lavasoft and I find out that I have to purchase the program!

Could this really be true??
    They stopped supplying updates for the older versions of the program. You do need to download SE to begin receiving updates - and there is still a free version of the application...
    - Maverick

AFLAAACKKK!!
    Alright, thanks guys. I checked their site only to find that you can purchase SE, I didn't find the free version, I guess I just gotta look harder next time lol...

Thanks again
    I am the uber duck!!1
    Proxy Tools

Try http://files.lavasoft.us
    It's Updated and only 1 click away
    I Know... I am an official Mirror!!
    Franklin Werren at www.bagpipes.net
    Yes I do play the Bagpipes!

And learning to Play the Bugle

The Paid version give you the ability to use the plugins.. but the average joe only needs tghe bog standard se version
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

********** |ceWriterguy
    Man I'll tell ya what! Just downloaded the new adware personal SE. This thing kicks some major ass even on spybot. Bloody thing found 41 instances of spyware that spybot and the old aa6 never found, and did it in no time. I like this new scan engine. I think I'll buy it...

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    Yeah, the differences between 6 and SE Plus are amazing. I've been with Lavasoft for about 3 years now and I've never been led astray and none of the instances they found were mistaken false positives.

The SE Plus version allows for plugin usage as well as being able to customize it through configuration whereas the free version doesn't. I have the paid version as well as Reghance, their registry editing utility, which is so much better.
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.