Need Security Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need Security Help

Post Need Security Help

SECURE Labs are looking for people to write security related papers for inclusion with it's new security software collection's classroom feature. Interested parties should respond to this thread or send their resume and a brief cover letter to secure_labs@hotmail.com.
    If the power is on . . . it\'s vunerable . .
    Share on Google+

Banned
    Do we get royalties?
    Share on Google+

Dead Man Walking
    Hmmm send all your hard work to a hotmail adress. Good luck colection royalties
    Share on Google+

AO Senior Cow-beller
    Now I'm not an omnipotent uber-geek (yet) or anything...but I've been around the block a time or two, and SECURE Labs doesn't sound familiar to me...anyone else know of them? A cursory google didn't return anything that was obviously relevant. And, the thread starter is using a Hotmail email address.

I bet a few members might be interested in *considering* participating, but only after we've seen some evidence that this isn't a troll for resumes/personal information/email addresses/etc.

Do you have a website? Would any other organizations recommend you? I'm not decrying "WOLF!"...yet. Give us a reason to not just ignore this out of hand.
    "Data is not necessarily information. Information does not necessarily lead to knowledge. And knowledge is not always sufficient to discover truth and breed wisdom." --Spaf
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made president should on no account be allowed to do the job. --Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
    "...people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right." - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore
    Share on Google+

Yeah this does look kinda fishy, and first and only post too. Hrrm..

Maybe if you gave us a little more info?
    http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=745
    http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=746
    -- Be a part of the team! Join Protochaderin and help us build the game you want to play! --
    - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...m/devlogo2.gif -
    Share on Google+

Hrmm, being that I love looking into things like this, lets break this down..

- You signed up with your "secure-labs" name.. not your name. Okay.

- Your e-mail isn't Tim@securelabs.blah or Support@securelabs.blah, instead it's a free signup hotmail address.

- A google search will show/prove that you do not have a legitimate website. Or atleast a domain.

With those conclusive pieces alone, it sounds like a scam or something of that sort. So please, no offense -- try it on a dumber group of people. Maybe neopets.com?
    Space For Rent.. =]
    Share on Google+

Ok, let's break this down. We started with me and two other guys two years ago. We had about $50 bucks between us when we started. We got the Hotmail address at the beginning because ta da!! it's FREE!! Anyway, we've grown into a small consulting firm and we are about to launch a website and several learning tools for people of varying levels of computer savvy.
    Now, don't bother me with simple talk. Either you wish to help and get your name on the product or not.

PS: Don't slam me and me org for doing what you have only thought about in some fleeting moment. Now if you have any comments that are not rude please reply. If you have an actual question I will answer them , but I will not respond to rude banter nor will I respond to hooks.
    If the power is on . . . it\'s vunerable . .
    Share on Google+

Originally posted here by secure_labs
    Ok, let's break this down. We started with me and two other guys two years ago. We had about $50 bucks between us when we started. We got the Hotmail address at the beginning because ta da!! it's FREE!! Anyway, we've grown into a small consulting firm and we are about to launch a website and several learning tools for people of varying levels of computer savvy.
    Now, don't bother me with simple talk. Either you wish to help and get your name on the product or not.

PS: Don't slam me and me org for doing what you have only thought about in some fleeting moment. Now if you have any comments that are not rude please reply. If you have an actual question I will answer them , but I will not respond to rude banter nor will I respond to hooks.
    We see requests like this a lot, and it's flattering I guess, but members have had their tut's and articles ripped off before. You come here with no background or credibility, so I doubt you will get much of a response.

Congratulations and good luck with your venture, you will have a better response when you earn a reputation.
    Share on Google+

AO's Mr Grumpy
    Originally posted here by Soda_Popinsky
    We see requests like this a lot, and it's flattering I guess, but members have had their tut's and articles ripped off before.
    So what's to stop him just ripping them off now, if he wanted to,anonomously, Benefit of the doubt, innocent until proven guilty, etc, etc, etc
    Computer says no
    (Carol Beer)
    Share on Google+

Banned
    Sure... question right here. Can you provide me with ANY actual evidence that your company exisits? A state database record (all states have them), a license of some sort, whatever.. evidence that Secure Labs is an actual, non-fictional company....

Much appreciated,
    jag
    Share on Google+