Thread: pc port wont work

Angry pc port wont work

pc port adapter: 2wire

I have 2 computers.The other pc is connected using ethernet but I can't get the other computer connected using pc port. I tried to plug the pc port into diff USB slots and made sure that there are no other devices on the usb slots.The only adapter I have is the 2wire adapter which is not showing any sign that the adapter is not properly installed.I tried uninstalling the adapter and reinstalling it..still wont work.What seems to be wrong?I also rebooted the computer.I tried to setup a direct connection between the pc port and the router to test if I can pull up the GUI of the router..It wont work...The Local Area Network light on the pc port doesnt turn solid green..Do I have a defective pc port?I havent tried connecting the pc port on my other computer,I'm scared I might mess up the connection.

I have to go home..I'm at the office..I'll try to check this thread tomorrow! Happy new year!

whoops..my thread was moved

how do i resolve my pc port problem?

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    What do you mean by "pc port"?

Is this your network connection port?

Is it actually a network card or could it possibly be your modem port?

Is the driver for the port installed?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

It is a network connection port that goes to the phone jack.I have an HPNA connection.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Can't say I've ever used that. Have you checked the HomePNA website for info from their FAQ?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

I haven't checked it..i will...I suspect it could be the inside wiring of my telephone lines..maybe a bad filter..