Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not Quite Sure if this site is what I'm looking for

Question Not Quite Sure if this site is what I'm looking for

I just found this site about an hour ago, And i'm not quite sure if this is what I need. I understand that this site relates to security issues and learning how to protect your system... I want to learn how to hack (and in no way shape or form be malicious about it).. This fall i'm going to college to get into Computer Science and Networking.. I was just going to wait and learn all my stuff there, but I decided it was best if I got a headstart on my own to even see if this is the career that i want to get into.

Im not even quite sure what I want to get into anymore.. I've always said, I want to learn to hack.. I dont want to be malicious and take peoples ****, or give them virus's.. I just want to learn how to protect my computer from these kinds of people, and gain knowlege of whats going on. I guess you could say Im nosy... I'm not even sure if im in the right place! someone help :P
    M ! D G e T

Hey if you want to protect yourself, you gotta lean how they do it

Stay here and read on some threads, if you don't like us, we won't keep you here.
    O.G at A.O

I'll surely stick around for a few to check things out.. I'm hoping to learn a lot off you guys Its great that everyone shares they're knowledge on here Thanks so much
    M ! D G e T

********** |ceWriterguy
    Welcome to AO. Remember this as a rule of thumb. A little knowledge never hurt, but using a little knowledge will get you in trouble fast. Good luck in your studies.
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

Although many here are quite adept at hacking and many more are learning too many are admins whose job it is to protect their systems from hackers (self included) and get very annoyed when someone asks a “how do I hack type question”…it could be one of our networks their trying to break into. Because of this and the anti-points system here if you ask a ‘how to’ question more than likely you’ll wind up getting banned.

I understand completely where youe coming from which is why im saying this. Just state clearly why your asking a question and you’ll be OK.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Yea, I understand where the Admins are coming from with that.. and quite frankly I dont blame them at all for banning people for it. I dont understand how anyone could learn to hack from this site, and turn it around and use it against them. Thats just down right wrong and very disrespectful...

I'll make sure to clearly state why I'm asking questions

Thanks a bunch YOU GUYS ARE GREAT!!!!
    M ! D G e T

My advice would to read up on it a bunch, and find a decent Wargame (computer set up specifically for people to hack into).

They have those? I've never even heard of those!

M!DGeT
    M ! D G e T

AFLAAACKKK!!
    www.hackthissite.org if they're up again, is great for this, just google for something like "wargame" or something like that...
    I am the uber duck!!1
    Proxy Tools

The Site isn't up anymore.. That makes the M!DGeT sad I'll keep googling wargame in hopes that I have some luck with it :P
    M ! D G e T