Thread: File Sharing

File Sharing, Router Problem

Hi!

I've got a problem with sharing files between my Laptop and PC.

They both run Win XP

On my PC I run Sygate Personal Firewall Pro and my Laptop - Basic Windows Firewall from SP2.

They are conected via D-Link Dl-614+ Wireless Router.

My PC is Hardwired to the router and on my Laptop I use Netgear Wireless USB Card MA111 2nd edition.

I used to run a couple of networks and never had this problem, untill I started using this router. Even with both of the firewalls switched off and filesharing enabled I can't share the files. My laptop can see only itself and my PC, although able to see a Laptop, can't connect to it. The system just tells me:

"Laptop is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this netwok resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

Network path not found"

This is the way I set up a firewall on my router.
    LAN,
    192.168.0.3-192.168.0.10 LAN,
    192.168.0.3-192.168.0.10
    IP (0),*

The same kind of settings were used for TCP, UDP, ICMP as well.
    Don\'t post if you\'ve got nothing constructive to say. Flooding is annoying

1st, make sure they are both part of the same workgroup.

Then, and this is important because I used to think it didn't matter, you need to run the "setup home or small office network" under My Network Places on BOTH computers. After you do this, the Shared docs on both computers under All Users profile should be accessable, and you should be able to share other folders as well

Hope this helps!
    Ron Paul: Hope for America
    http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

I've done all that ages ago.

It was wrking fine with my previous router, but it broke down.

I tried everything I know already. And I've been setting up small windows networks for almost 3 years now.

OK. I tried "pinging" both of my systems. They both can ping my router, but that's as far as they go. The signal is blocked within the router. Any sugestions on which setting should I check?