hardware modding/software modding the xbox

Thread: hardware modding/software modding the xbox

hardware modding/software modding the xbox

Has anyone taken a look or performed modifications to their xbox? I have been reading and my friend has one that was done from some guy in Japan. He has almost every systems emulator and rom on it, with xbox media center which makes it possible to play almost every vid file..and dont have to worry about region, has a dvd to hdd option so you dont have to worry about backing up your games onto another disc, just install a big hdd on your xbox the dashboards availaible support up to like 200 gb. I found a good site xbox-scene.com but I dont think it explains softmodding (using xploits instead of modchips to unlock the full potential of your xbox). If anyone has any input on this and wouldnt mind giving me some tips or maybe a homemade tutorial, I would appreciate it. I am thinking about starting it out but im a little uncertain on the procedure (more about soldering the modchip than the actual software that you have to install b/c i never soldered).

http://www.xbox-scene.com

your opinions on solderless modchips
    what the best modchip would be and why I want to get the xecuter v3 for my 1.6v box
    a link to a good tutorial..

Modding your Xbox with a rom emulator will get your Xbox permantely banned from Xbox live.

Just to let you know...
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

the new xecuter has a switch to turn the modchip off so you dont get banned, of course you have to use the original games but you could always get a router and use xbconnect or some of the other computer programs to host/join games.

Re: ...

Originally posted here by acdspit00
    the new xecuter has a switch to turn the modchip off so you dont get banned, of course you have to use the original games but you could always get a router and use xbconnect or some of the other computer programs to host/join games.
    Your call, I just wanted to let you know that they are banning Xbox's with mod chips. (Some even with the switch that you were talking about)
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

Banned
    I have a modded xbox... proud to say... done everything myself

xecuter chip mod chip w/ external switch + evox dashboard

I used to have biggerHD but I just put in the origianl harddrive instead of 200 Gig I had before becuase of Halo 2. They put in new code that check the content and signature of your HD. Basically they used to check the BIOS integrity but now they check the HD as well. They will probably put this new code into more games. But they went w/ Halo 2 so they **** as meny modders as they can. I am not such a dumbass to fall for Halo 2 hype so I found out about the problem and i took steps preventing banning of my system.

Anyway... ask me anything...

And by the way CXG.... as you probably figured out from above ... YES, you can have a modded xbox and still not get banned as long as you turn off the mod chip before going on Live which means you have to have originals of the games you play on Live. But for Linux and other single player games... you don't.

I have a modded xbox.

My mate did it for me, and i've loved him eversince, for the last 3 days straight its been playing simpsons + south park + futurama....

Great System, can do a hell of alot more, but dont have time atm.
    http://sfx-images.mozilla.org/affili...88x31/take.gif
    If You\'ve Done Something Right. People Wont Know You\'ve Done Anything At All - God (futurama)