Off by half a continent

Thread: Off by half a continent

Hi mom!

Off by half a continent

That (Microsoft ad running on front page, see attachment) is not where Switzerland is. They're only off by half a continent.

Call me a nitpicker, but this is just plain stupid. They're running an add featuring the Department of Foreign Affairs of Switzerland (presumably a big client), but they don't have the courtesy of spending half a minute to at least get the country right. You even could argue they got the wrong continent (the dot points to some location in either Belarus or Russia). Come on multi-billion company, get your basic facts straight.
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

Huson Mt.
    Heh heh heh, it makes you wonder where the other dots are suppose to represent.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

that on South America may be Sao Paulo or Buenos Aires
    Who cares? Isnt Buenos Aires the Capital of Brazil?
    Meu sítio

FORMAT C: Yes ...Yes??? ...Nooooo!!! ^C ^C ^C ^C ^C
    If I die before I sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to encrypt.
    If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to brake.

United Kingdom: Bridlington

Hi Guus,

Well spotted, it looks like Russian to me, round about Smolensk..............maybe the Swiss have outsourced their server support to Russia?

Or as a conspiracy theory: it is deliberate, to scare their workers into not asking for pay rises? in case they do get outsourced

OK, I am joking, but on a more serious note, there have been a lot of helpdesk/support jobs outsourced to India from this country.................and that is for real!