Weird google response
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weird google response

Weird google response

Hey,

heres a sanatized version of a response I got from google, its weird it worked fine when i searched some something unrelated to what I was after, pretty sure i havent got any virus or spyware and ive checked.

anyone seen this before???

anyway find the picture below

i2c

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Without knowing what it is you're searching for, can't be too sure but there was a worm that used Google. Believe it was Santy. So perhaps whatever you were searching for matched the search string of the worm.

Symantec's Definition of Santy.A
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

well i got the first page of results up no problem, it was only upon requesting the second page i recieved this error message.

it wasnt related to phpBB but it was web related, regarding qwikiwiki's

i2c

Quick search on Google shows that the error page you got seems to be for Santy. Perhaps you are infected?

Google Search

Full Disclosure comments
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head

hmmm interesting the search i did didnt contain the viewtopic.php

also ive scanned my computer for santy and it returns nothing, the virus defs are up to date...

ive used Microsofts Sasser (A-F) Worm Removal Tool (KB841720) and it doesnt find an infection, ive searched for sasscln.log and find nothing

so im pretty sure i dont have it, i cant find any processes running that shouldnt be and the file wall doesnt show anything.

this is pretty interesting...maybe ill just put it down to something random happening, it only did it the once, and then never again...

hmm

i2c

Flash M0nkey
    hmmm and now google isn't showing up any matches for microsoft? weird!!

http://www.google.com/search?q=microsoft

v_Ln

MsMittens was right. Well, its definetly has all the characteristics of Santy (time (recently) / responce etc).

What you mentioned about qwikiwiki, it does have vulnerabilities that can result in using google to do a mass search, tikiwiki also has a similar amount of exploits...

You may not see a patch for another 24-48hrs if someone has created a mass mailer for the wiki's but i find it unlikely, just have a quick look on ya comp, but mostly assume its google pulling off a false positive, or whatever you'd call it
    http://sfx-images.mozilla.org/affili...88x31/take.gif
    If You\'ve Done Something Right. People Wont Know You\'ve Done Anything At All - God (futurama)

ive used Microsofts Sasser (A-F) Worm Removal Tool (KB841720) and it doesnt find an infection, ive searched for sasscln.log and find nothing
    Why would the Sasser Removal tool find the SANTY worm?

hmmm and now google isn't showing up any matches for microsoft? weird!!

http://www.google.com/search?q=microsoft
    Probably volume. I'd bet it'd be something like 2 Billion page return and their servers probably can't handle it. So they've restricted the search.

Why would the Sasser Removal tool find the SANTY worm?
    they both start wit the letter S.. are worms and are annoying?

and I must learn to type faster.. too many ppl are replying b4 I get a chance with wise cracks
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

slightly offtopic..

MsM: notice the real url of valhallens link http://www.google.com/search?q=microsoft&num=-1 naughty naughty boy !!
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !