Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how to access so called "restricted zone"

how to access so called "restricted zone"

does someone know way how to access so called "restricted zone" in web site? When i try access this page it show popup prompt for user and paswd. Is there way to access this page avoiding this prompts?

thanks

WHY????
    Mad Beaver

To be honest with you this isnt the place to be asking that question. I see that it was your first post so all i can suggest is that you read the FAQ and start reading the topics on this site.
    This site is more geared towards the web admins that have put that prompt in place rather than the people trying to brake through it if you get my drift.

Why? Because there is no other way to obtain plain old info from old website, thats not supported it seems, in additional. And please, no hypocrisy. I hate hypocrisy... If you can think creatively, of course..

Originally posted here by taurus5
    Why? Because that in no other way to obtain plain old info from old website, thats not supported it seems, in additional. And please, no hypocrisy. I hate hypocrisy...
    if this was work done before you started working on it - you should look in the support logs. every place should have proper systems and procedures for logging work done at a server level. if nothing else - so that you can backtrack from a change that is causing a problem.

yes, it was work done before i started working on it, but I have no any access, i.e. for support logs or anything else. Only via web site.

yes, it was work done before i started working on it, but I have no any access, i.e. for support logs or anything else. Only via web site.
    please post system being used. need more details.

RY

IE is blocking restricted sites? restricted sites added by an admin, spybot s&d, etc.

If you go into tools, internet options, security, restricted sites it might be listed there?

Is this a work pc or home pc?

Is the error you are getting in IE? Do you have that problem with other browsers, such as firefox?

Or is the restricted site on the website itself?
    If it is a password protected area, then contact the admin and get the userid and pass.

A screen shot may be helpful. Need more info... I'm just guessing at this point.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

AO Senior Cow-beller
    Why? Because there is no other way to obtain plain old info from old website, thats not supported it seems, in additional. And please, no hypocrisy. I hate hypocrisy... If you can think creatively, of course..
    Ask the system admin to give you access to the webdoc root of the server. Or to remove the password protection...or grant you access VIA the password protection.

hypocrisy? Don't you mean sarcasm?
    "Data is not necessarily information. Information does not necessarily lead to knowledge. And knowledge is not always sufficient to discover truth and breed wisdom." --Spaf
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made president should on no account be allowed to do the job. --Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
    "...people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right." - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

i mean restricted area, with user and pwd prompt, like this:

http://www.flcoll.edu/enter-current-students.html

just need solve this in some way.