Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how to access so called "restricted zone"

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    http://www.flcoll.edu/enter-current-students.html

just need solve this in some way.
    Ya. Go and register at the school. I'm sure they will provide you with the information you need. There is a reason for the restriction. And to be honest, I suspect that anyone that helps you will be potentially breaking the law.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

If its asking for a username and password, and you do not have one, then chances are, you are NOT supposed to be there. If by some chance the website is located on lets say YOUR virtual server or something like that you could audit the website to find a valid user/pass combo. But as I said, if you do not own it, you shouldn't be messing with it. And if you do own it, then you would probably not be asking this question.
    Ron Paul: Hope for America
    http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

AO Senior Cow-beller
    Go here and fill out the form, or send an email to this person(s): webmaster@floridacollege.edu

That should square you right away.
    "Data is not necessarily information. Information does not necessarily lead to knowledge. And knowledge is not always sufficient to discover truth and breed wisdom." --Spaf
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made president should on no account be allowed to do the job. --Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
    "...people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right." - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

I may sound over paranoid but i dont see why you would need this information unless their is some sort of malicious intent. The password prompt is their for a reason, if your supposed to have access to the content behind it why havnt you contacted the admin and had him set up a username and password for you?
    If like it sounds you are just trying to gain access to something you shouldnt then like i said before this isnt the place. People come here to learn how to protect their servers not to help someone break into them.
    If i`m completely wrong abut your intentions then i apologise now, but so far they havnt been explained very well.

Originally posted here by taurus5
    i mean restricted area, with user and pwd prompt, like this:

http://www.flcoll.edu/enter-current-students.html

just need solve this in some way.
    as i understand it - the last guy left, you are doing his job, you work there, and you have physical access to the web server - right? you also want to remove the restriction.

so just go to the server, login, go to the web site settings and change the settings.

The link I provided is just sample, and yes, I do need GET access to something that I 'shouldnt'. But all is not so primitive as you mean. Your logic is very primitive, sorry.
    Once I knew one old admin(25 years of experience!) who could break any protection on the fly.. Great man.. The youth does not understand this

i was gonna tell you.. but then i changed my mind..
    i guess my logic is to primitive