Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intranets?

Intranets?

Guys, can anyone give me any good resourses on intranets. I looked a bit on Google but didn't have time to go through all the results.

Thanks
    Don\'t post if you\'ve got nothing constructive to say. Flooding is annoying

Oh wow! I found a whole bunch of them -->Intranets

Or here's some more.
    Come on at least show a little effort.

Oh Wow! Is it me or did I write that I checked google?

This was originaly posted in the books discussion section, so nothing personal. So far I've got myself

Introducing Intranets: A Decisionmaker's Guide To Launching An Intranet by Gordon Benett
    The Corporate Intranet by Ryan Bernard
    Building an Intranet by Tim Evans

This is what I could find in the library. The problem of Google is a huge number of sites with "white papers" on "Why do you want to buy your intranet service from us."

I needed something more educative

But thanks for replying anyway

********** |ceWriterguy
    I looked a bit on Google but didn't have time to go through all the results.
    2 things:

If you don't have time to do it right the first time, what makes you think you'll have time to do it right a 2nd time?

and

Why are you wasting OUR time to do YOUR work?
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

I agree with |3lack|ce. I guess my sarcasm didn't get through last time.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    In short an intranet is a "private" web site.... Set one up on an internal machine on your network and give the users a shortcut to it.... Voila, an intranet.... how hard was that?
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

In my point of view, I didn't waste anybodies time.

If anyone had any good resources on Intranets, like a name of the book or a link saved in their Favourites, it would only take them a few secs to write it down. Going on about using Google, this way you can answer any question in any forum, I consider it for flooding. This is people who haven't got a clue about the question trying to be smart. I know a few other search engines in three other languages, so what?

Tiger Shark Allow me to assure you that there is more to intranet then what you said. So far I've got a few thousand word report, and it's only a begining. It's also a fascinating subject to learn on it's own.

I did notice sarcasm, did you notice mine?

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Nightcat:

There are many "degrees" of Intranet all the way from a single web page in an organization of 20 that they use to give announcements all the way through to multi-national corporations that publish and allow the alteration of individual HR and Payroll records by the users through secure channels across the internet.

In your original post you made _no_ reference whatsoever as to the scope of your planned project thus any answer you got that was accurate was just that, accurate.

Complaining that people aren't answering this question the way it was couched is a lot like asking "What is the meaning of life" and expecting a sensible answer, (yes, I know... It's 42... ). Learn to couch your question accurately and you will find that you get much more reasonable responses.... We aren't mind readers you know......
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Being honest, I just seen it to many times, when there's a whole set of "advisors" going on about searching on Google. Yet even searching the, means that one has to go through thousands of results, many of which are far from useful.

I never asked to tell me "what is intranet" I only asked if anyone has any resources on intranets. I thinks that's a bit different things.

So far I'm using the books I named in one of my posts. They seem to cover my needs completely. So far I'm writing a report on the uses of intranet for multinational company. It's a part of my university course. I also have other bits of work to do, so I don't have much time to spend diging through many things . Otherwise I wouldn't be asking for help.

AOs Resident Troll
    Google Tip

At the bottom of your search you have the ability to
    "Search within results"

It can take some time to learn to use these tools...but once you have them they can be applied to many different things.

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer