Thread: Nasty virus? spyware?

Nasty virus? spyware?

Alright...

While trying to get rid of the VX2 worm thingie, I've found that my Regedit, Msconfig, and Task Manager no longer open whem prompted. I will sometimes see them for a second or two, but no longer than that before they close themselves. I have run Nortan AV along with Spybot S&D and Ad-aware SE, and nothing suspicious has come up besides files associated with VX2. I wasn't able to find this problem by googling it, nor on the forums. If someone could help or direct me to somewhere where this problem has been adressed, I'd greatly appreciate it.
    [Insert extremely witty or humorous comment here]

I believe Ad-Aware has a VX2 plugin available on the lavasoft website, however I have never dealt with it myself, to my knowledge.

Maybe this will help out?
    http://www.antionline.com/attachment...achmentid=4913

I have come across various viruses that do that i recommend www.pandasoftware.com/activescan and somespyware does that some times also try usin spysweeper (www.webroot.com) and cwshredder http://www.intermute.com/spysubtract..._download.html

Alright, thanks for the info, I'll get on it. As for the VX2 cleaner, the version I have of VX2 isn't detected by the Ad-aware tool. Thanks again.
    [Insert extremely witty or humorous comment here]

I have not heard any thing good about that plugin, there is also a special tool fot VX/2 I believe it is called vx2 finder but i cant remeber.