Zzzzzzzz...

Thread: Zzzzzzzz...

Zzzzzzzz...

Yes this thread is another tech support kinda thingy... wondering if any of you guys could help me out. I have this big/small (who cares) sound issue. When i play music - mp3 files that are not corrupt, the music played will have regular zapp zzz sound occuring. Its going on as i type ... Distortion due to hanging maybe? This never happened before and i believe it is due to the recent installation of a wireless router - a d-link DWL-g520+. Or not .. i do not know. Is there some setting i should be changing? And on more thing... i am truely a newb, not only on this forum but to the workings of a computer and the internet as well. So i have no idea how to set? my SSID and have it on default?

Why is it that newbs seem to have the most problems with hardware...

Thanks for any help at all. I'm pouring over the D-link tech support site right now. yes yes i should have done so before posting.

OK,

1. If you switch off the wireless router, do you still get the buzz?
    2. Will it play an ordinaryCD/DVD without the buzz?

Why is it that newbs seem to have the most problems with hardware...
    You probably don't................it's just that after you have been around a while you have probably seen the sort of problem before and have a good idea how to fix it

Cheers

Originally posted here by nihil
    OK,

1. If you switch off the wireless router, do you still get the buzz?
    2. Will it play an ordinaryCD/DVD without the buzz?

You probably don't................it's just that after you have been around a while you have probably seen the sort of problem before and have a good idea how to fix it

Cheers
    I knew this was the place i could get quick tech support

1. No the buzz stops, thats what leads me to believe it has to do with the router.
    2. It does.
    As the zap occurs my computer seems to hang along with it.

I've only been online a day and my comp picked up these four adware type thingys btw. Donno if it has to do with them.

1. speer v12.exe
    2. IExploreSkin.exe
    3. TBPS.exe
    4.WToolS.exe

Anyone know about them or how to remove them <- This does not really need to be answered. I'm sure i could figure out how to remove them in time. Man the buzz is really hurt me ears....

Thanks ninil

BANNED
    With the buzz thing just hit ctrl-alt-dlt and end all processes of your media player. And make sure you delete corrupt music files.
    When death sleeps it dreams of you...

OK,

It sounds like some sort of feedback from the router.

Have you tried moving the router further away from your system, as far as you can......................does that have any effect?

Also, can you connect headphones into your speaker jackpoint?...............do you get the buzzing with those as well?

Try getting a portable transistor radio, turn it on and approach the router. Do you get any interference on the radio. Please try AM, FM and long wave.

Cheers

As for the syware:

Get AdAware SE from lavasoft
    CWShredder
    SpyBot Search & Destroy

Update them then boot into SAFE MODE and run them. Let them delete what they suggest.

I would also update your AV and run that in safe mode as well.

Ahhrrgghh i've been going through the process redoing the router connection to see what i missed. That explains me not being online talk this out. Its been hell the last few hours man... YOu guys may not believe this but when i put my computer near the cable point to configure my router... a cockroach climbed right into my KEYBOARD.... I could not take a roach nesting in it so i opened it up, romoved it and now its spoilt... lucky for me i have a backup from my old pc.

Anyways muert i don't think i has to do with my music files being corrupt. They have been played on it last time before i setup the connection and they worked fine. I'll get back to you guys when I'm done with the connection again and see if theres any difference.(i'll really think i set it up somewhere wrongly. I set it up in my room previously - which is pretty far from the router. So i think i'll just start up close this time to see if it has to do with rececption.

I am typing this message using a direct connection to the cable modem, and the sound problem i faced earlier is nonexistent... guess it really has to do with the router.

Have a nice day.. or night.. if its night.

I just completed the painful process... the problem lies in the poor reception... Right beside the router my connection works fine . Not in my room. I'll have to find a way to improve the signal it seems. I dunno but this piece of hardware starts acting up about ten plus metres apart with a few wall in between.

I feel really stupid creating this thread...lol