Thread: Xss

Xss

This was a vulnerability in the past, but was never properly fixed. About a month ago I contacted the AO admin's about it and provided a PoC, however I never received a response after its acknowledgement and the hole was never fixed. I decided while going over this thread that I owe it to the community to publicize what I found:
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=265153

Overview:Cross Site Scripting (XSS) attacks are possible in the username field of karma.php. XSS attacks are scripts injected
    through user provided information to carry sensitive information into another zone. In this case, JavaScript can be
    injected into any the username field. Although there are precautions taken by Antionline.com to prevent this, input
    sanitization is incomplete.
    By inserting malicious JavaScript into karma.php an attacker can forward the cookies of members that click a malicious
    link. Antionline.com allows users to authenticate themselves through cookies, allowing attackers to impersonate victims
    through stolen cookies.
    Solution: Disable JavaScript in browsers and/or disable cookie authentication.
    mnstrgrl: An addslashes function isn't enough to sanitize fields.

Looks like it's still around... any word on a fix?

Our folks are looking into it SP, and I do appreciate you dropping me a note about it. We're keeping a close eye out for jaycee (justin case).