Thread: InstallShield Error -6003: Adobe Photoshop CS

InstallShield Error -6003: Adobe Photoshop CS

Dear all,

I'm trying to install Photoshop CS onto my Windows XP machine. I just got the tryout and unzipped it. When I click on the setup.exe though, it gives me an error dialogue box. It reads:

"Setup has experienced an error.

Please do the following:
    - Close any running programs
    - Empty your temporary folder
    - Check your internet connection (internet-based setups)

Then try to run the setup again.

Error Code -6003"

Fair enough, so I close all running programs. I empty C:\WINDOWS\Temp (is that what it means? Sorry!) and of course my internet is absolutely fine. This still comes up, however.

I googled around and found that this might occur if some antivirus shield was enabled (not mine though). My antivirus has always never been any problem. Even if I wanted to, I wouldn't be able to stop it though, because it is controlled by my school and I'm not sure which process it is so I can terminate it.

I recently installed Microsoft AntiSpyware and MSN Messenger 7.0 BETA; does this have anything to do with it? I disabled both of them though, and still it doesn't work.

Can someone please help? Thanks so much in advance.

Cheers,
    DCheng

Do you want to win $10,000?

come to the open enginee design contest!

http://www.openginesdk.com
    ÍòǧÊÀ½ç¶àÆæÃºÆå«ÓîÖæÊ®ÍòÎÊ¡£
    ¹Â¶ÀºÚ¿ÍÀë¾ýÈ¥£¬Óû°é¹éÏçÖйú
    ºì¡£

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Your problem comes from the fact that you don't have the rights to install the program in the first place....

Props to your school administrator...
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides