Thread: VPN connectivity throught Befsr41 linksys router.

VPN connectivity throught Befsr41 linksys router.

I am currently having major brain fade whilst attempting to connect to works corporate lan via a vpn solution.

Kit is setup like so:
    XP box with Nortel contivity client connecting to corp. lan via befsr41 linksys router.
    The connection to the vpn server is made successfully, but i am unable to connect to any other location beyond the inital login i.e no internet/intranet or email.

also i am unable to ping or run traces beyond the vpn server.

I have had to enable IPsec, PPPoE & PPTP passthrough on the router just to be able to make the first connection.

Here is where i need some assistance, i am certain that its just case of opening the right ports to allow the relevant access, but not sure where to start.

Any advice/guidance would be greatly appreciated.

ihmotep

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    What router/firewal is the corporate router/firewall?

It's most likely a rules issue on the router/firewall itself.....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Dont have a clue about the corp. firewalls or routers...

I know that I can make a clean connection to the network if i simply bypass my router and connect the xp box directly to the cable modem, but doing this kills the net connection for the other pcs on my home network..

Tiger shark, thanks for the interest in my dilemma..
    The quick result turned out to be to make the connection on another pc that did not have xp-sp2 installed.

Thanks again.