Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apocalypse Now

Apocalypse Now

With all the natural disasters happenning recently so close to one another I'm surprised I haven't heard the usual " the end is upon us ".

Hey Egal~ chill out huh?....where I am sitting right now was covered with 1,000 feet of ice about 10,000 years ago (The Wurm Glaciation) Now that IS pretty extreme.............the minor belches and farts don't mean anything?

Basically we have not kept records for that long, and TV worlwide coverage is pretty new...........it just "looks bad"

just my opinion old chap

I think that during the 1800-1900s with 2 World Wars, plaguing disasters, political turmoil and the countless brae of “The world is coming to an end" by clueless jackasses…People realize, hey its life. Live it. Get out, enjoy.

Heck let’s go back to all the events since 4000 BC that we know about… It’s ok, entire civilizations have disappeared into dust, only to be uncovered 3000 years later passing on their knowledge to us.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

You're absolutely right!!!

I'm just wondering where they are...usually they come out by now and make their usual assortment of predictions.

Let's start a thread where we have to predict what's going to happen to the person above !

I'll start...

I predict nihil secretly desires the life of bigotry and will move to Utah and start his own clan called the nihil-ists.

Opps...didn't see you sneak in there RoadClosed...go ahead...make a prediction for me.

********** |ceWriterguy
    Nah. Nihil will move to Texas and chase women. He'll sire 15 children when he catches one.

And I think we shut up the 'world enders' after y2k.
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

I3lackIce where's my prediction? I'm trying to create a thread similar to one at another forum where the person below has to say something about the person above.

Egal~ old chap...................Salt Lake City never appealed to me

Nihilism is much, much, older than myself..........it comes from the German philosopher Nietze..........you can follow up here: http://forums.lemonde.fr/perl/showth...sed&sb=5&part=

But, there is a true gentleman on this site...................he has ambitions for me..............I will follow in the steps of my Yorkshire predecessor, Col. William Broughton Travis................but I will stop when I have sired a soccer team

OK explanations for those who cannot be bothered to Google it:

1 Egal~ was referring to the Mormons.............errrr.......Church of the Latter Day Saints.
    2 Nietze started the philosopy called "nihilism"
    3. Col William Broughton Travis was officer commanding at the siege of Alamo...1823? .....he came from my county...........in 1836 General Samuel Huston beat Maximillian SantaAna at the battle of San Jacinto (it is a river)

EDIT: Sorry Egal~ I was supposed to make a prediction?..............weeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllll,
    both you and Blackice will be audited by the IRS..........Blackice will get a rebate, and you will be fed to the fish.............

You mean you did not get a Christmas card?......nor a personal one?.....the IRS are nice people............trust me.......

the beign of authority kurt_der_koenig's Avatar
    and kurt will rule the worlddddddddd. ahhum sorry about that

http://www.iep.utm.edu/n/nihilism.htm

Man, I been warning folks about the nihil history lessons!

And, Kurt ... at least you little part of it.