Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Banned people - but with positive APs?

Banned people - but with positive APs?

Hello all-

I have been trying to figure out, but due to lack of caffeine at the moment, my brain is not linking up. I have seen a few people that have been "banned" but still had positive APs, in fact a few of them had quite a few APs built up. I was wondering are those who are banned, include those whose "resigned" their userid or something else?

Just curious .

TIA.
    \"An ant may well destroy a whole dam.\" - Chinese Proverb
    \"Not only can water float a craft, it can sink it also.\" - Chinese Proverb

http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=764

Well the trolls and deviants are easily figured out. But those you are referring to, some asked to be banned and others failed to comply with the guidelines.
    Connection refused, try again later.

banned does mean loose all AP. A Lot of ppl here ask for banning for several reasons.
    Meu sítio

FORMAT C: Yes ...Yes??? ...Nooooo!!! ^C ^C ^C ^C ^C
    If I die before I sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to encrypt.
    If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to brake.

I think that moderators will give you more info, but in my opinion, no matter how much positive antipoints you have, if you do something bad (violate rules of the antionline.com) you get banned. Moderators (or whoever is in charge with banning people) don't have to strip down your points in order to ban you.

Am I right?
    Ikalo
    ------
    Make your knowledge your deadliest weapon.

Why are some members banned when they have 11 greenies?

Answer: Having 11 greenies does not protect you from being banned. It does give you some kind of protection from being banned through negative AntiPoints assigned by other users (since it would take a huge amount of negative assignments). However, regardless of the number of AntiPoints you accumulate, you can still be banned by moderators or administrators.

Banned users with 11 green dots therefore have been banned by moderators or administrators.
    http://www.antionline.com/faq/faq.php

Great thanks for the information and the link!

[edit] I missed that link somehow in my seach for the answer to my question, but it that question and a lot of my admin questions about the community - thanks again Relyt![/edit]
    \"An ant may well destroy a whole dam.\" - Chinese Proverb
    \"Not only can water float a craft, it can sink it also.\" - Chinese Proverb

http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=764

Glad to help. This is a great community that is willing to help and share information about security and any other topic related to computers and networks.

cheers

Personally I don't understand the concept of why anyone would ask to be banned...why not just leave and don't come back...or, delete your info and don't come back...banning I understand, and there has been questions raised before about whether or those who asked to be banned should get a different designation, but if you ask to be banned I don't see why it would be necessary to distinguish one from the other.

The solution is...for those who want to leave but don't want to fall into the category of the banned, don't ask to be banned, just leave.

Seems more sensible to me...that way...if they at some point change their mind as some do they can return to where they left off.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    or, delete your info and don't come back.
    You don't have an option to delete an account. Only an admin can do that. I think for some, if the account is live they'll be tempted. And getting it banned makes it easier for them to leave. Some will deliberately do something so they can get "banned with a bang" so to speak.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Hi MsMittens,

That sounds an awful lot like the guy who gets the police to shoot him because he's too scared to do it himself.
    You mean to tell me that some people are sooo addicted that they can't leave on their own accord and just walk away but must have someone pushing them out the door to make it happen....I don't know if that's sad or pitiful or both.

There's only one thing in my life I couldn't just walk away from...my kids.

Eg