Thread: computer basic concept tutorial

Talking computer basic concept tutorial

hi guys I just to help others in this tutorial. I hpoe this helps, any post will do. This is my best
    of my knowledge in basic concepts in PC.

ok ill start now!!! 1 2 3..

THE COMPUTER

As the name implies the word "computer" comes from the terms to compute, meaning to calculate. It is one word which is used frequently these days, and it is common knowledge that the widespread use of computers is having a tremendous effect on all aspects of human life, both nfrom an individual and a social point of view. once the exclusive realm of scientists and large businesses, computers are now coming into the household and making themselves known on a personal basis. however, there are stlll a great many people to whom the word "computer" carries the implication of strange, unnecessary, and expensive machines.

With good reason, the computer is often compared with human brain. Like the brain that devised it, a computer can take in data and process it. It can store the data either in raw form or in the form of processing results, and can deliver the raw of processed data to the outside world demand.

But there is a very important distinction between the human brain and a computer: the human brain can think and make decision for itself, while the computer can only perform its feats when it has been instructed, or programmed, to do so. And the instructions it recieves must be prepared by humans, using the organization and problem solving abilities of the human brains.

The computer's storage capacity, or memory, does not yet equal that of the human brain, but computer capacity is rapidly increasing. In the near future, it will undoubtedly exceed that of the human memory.

So, just what are these devices called computer's? In general, a computer IS AN ELECTRONIC SYSTEM DESIGNED TO MANIPULATE DATA. They are machines for storing, moving, adding, and subtracting evaulting data. All computers have 4 BASIC FUNCTIONS in common: input, processing, storage, and output. This is true of all computers, from the largest general purpose main frame to the smallest advanced computer.

Since computers are, after all, only machines, they have no initiative and cannot do any useful work until they have properly prepared. This is done by providing them with sequences of instructions called PROGRAMS. These instructions control the manner in which the computer carries out its operational functions. Again, a computer wil perform only what it is told to do; it does not the ability to evaluate information and take appropriate action on tis own. In fact, if a computer does do something other than instructed, it means that one or more of tis components is defective. This characteristics of computers means that human beings must prepare detailed instructions outlining the exact operations which are to be performed; the computer theb carries out these instructins at high speed and with great accuracuy.

I think Ill end here. I need a rest now. Ill continue it later for the PART 2

VERY NICE TUTORIALS FOR US NEWBIES, BUT IT SEEMS YOU MUST FOCUS ON TECHNICAL DETAILS.

THANKS FOR THE TUTORIALS, ILL WAIT FOR THE PART 2.

Im beyond being told what a computer is.
    Oh yeah, I love it when PEOPLE TYPE LIKE THIS!!

I think if anyone has made their way to AO, they're past this point of knowledge.. this looks like something that would be packaged with some retail, overpriced Windows XP Home / AOL Subscription PC for some old lady that had never used a PC before.
    http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=745
    http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=746
    -- Be a part of the team! Join Protochaderin and help us build the game you want to play! --
    - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...m/devlogo2.gif -

Banned
    Originally posted here by Winds8929
    I think if anyone has made their way to AO, they're past this point of knowledge.. this looks like something that would be packaged with some retail, overpriced Windows XP Home / AOL Subscription PC for some old lady that had never used a PC before.
    I use Windows XP Home Edition and I like AOL... gotta a problem?

thanks for the post guys.

im sorry for the tutorial I made, I promise Ill be more focusing on technical details.

I know that its very basic, for some lady that never used a pc.

I, too, use WinXP Home edition on one of my boxes. However, I despise AOL.

A friend of mine had AOL and was trying to cancel it, and the CS people barely spoke English and had me on hold for 10-20 mins at a time (multiple times).. then when I got off of hold they constantly tried to sell me stuff, and even after saying they were canceling the account.. it wasn't canceled and they billed her again. *sigh* So after a couple of hours trying to dodge their salesmen on the phone again, they said they canceled it (again, they didn't) and it wasn't until I talked to the supervisor (which wasn't in the same building, and I had to call a different number) that they finally canceled the service.. but I guess not everyone can have that horrible CS experience with AOL right?
    http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=745
    http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=746
    -- Be a part of the team! Join Protochaderin and help us build the game you want to play! --
    - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...m/devlogo2.gif -

Did you ever stop to think about simply not sending payment?