Thread: Multiple winpcap drivers

Multiple winpcap drivers

Hi all,

is there any possibility that i can install multiple winpcap drivers on my system as i m having problems with nmap 3.75 (crashes with winpcap 3.1 beta 4 and works on winpacap 3.00) and ettercapNG 0.7.2( works only on 3.1 beta 4). I know installing both of them at the same time is not possible but is there any solution besides that. I m using winxp (no service packs but fully patched).

Thanks
    Excuse me, is there an airport nearby large enough for a private jet to land?

the only thing i can think of is to copy packet.dll and the other dlls out of the system32 directory into the local directories of each of your programs and hope that they search for the required dlls locally first

this may not work, but ive successfully used beta1 with beta2 at one point... it all depends on the apps that you use i guess

thanks axio, would u like to tell which dll's (their names) i have to put in system32.

Thanks
    Excuse me, is there an airport nearby large enough for a private jet to land?

you dont put them (the dlls) in system32, you install winpcap, note which new dlls appear in system32 then move them to the folder your app is in, then repeat this step for your other install of winpcap (possible leave the dlls there this time)

so in your nmap folder you might have these files
    nmap.exe
    -any other nmap files-
    packet.dll
    -any other winpcap dlls-

i hope this helps, and again it may not work all the time