Error 101 in Microsoft Antispyware

Thread: Error 101 in Microsoft Antispyware

sunday11a

Error 101 in Microsoft Antispyware

A lot of ppl have tried Microsft's AntiSpyware and are in praise for it
    I also tried it. But got a problem
    I have win2k pro
    After i finished the install of Antispyware (admin account) And tried to run it , i got the error no. 101 and application restarted.
    Has anyone else also got this problem
    BTW I have dcom disabled

AOs Resident Troll
    Below is the beta newsgroup...you may find you issue there.

I installed it on a w2k machine...all patches..no problems.
    Try and disable your AV before you run...I would uninstall..reboot, get all SPs, reboot, disable AV..reinstall

http://communities.microsoft.com/new...yware&sLCID=us

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

sunday11a
    First of all thanks for the link morgan It helped me in finding a solution for my problem

Run Dcomcnfg & enable dcom then go to Default security and in Default Access Permissions click on edit default and add the administrators group to it with full access. ( I donot know whether this group is there by default as it was not in mine. I has only the power user group in it.)

Hope it helps others

Is it possible that you are running a second anti spam program? Also, you might want to check your version of IE.

Otherwise, I have run this on serveral Win2k systems without issue.

Cheers!
    ~ I'm NOT insane! I've just been in a bad mood for the last 30 years! ~ Somepeople are like Slinky's: Not good for anything, but the thought of pushing them down the stairs brings a smile to your face!

sunday11a
    No Mr. Coffee i m not running any spyware remover niether any firewall nor any antivirus

Ok,

Because I found a number of references to the 101 error being caused by the gcasDtServ.exe process running. gcasDtServ.exe is Gaint AntiSpyware Data Service, by Gaint software.

Anyways, sorry it wasnt more helpful, thought it might point you in the right direction.
    ~ I'm NOT insane! I've just been in a bad mood for the last 30 years! ~ Somepeople are like Slinky's: Not good for anything, but the thought of pushing them down the stairs brings a smile to your face!