The weathers weird, no?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The weathers weird, no?

the beign of authority kurt_der_koenig's Avatar

Question The weathers weird, no?

Rescuers search for 27 missing in mudslide
    Four confirmed dead in stricken Calif. neighborhood

[...]
    At least four people were killed and 14 were injured — most of them pulled from the mud. As many as 27 others were unaccounted for.
    [...]
    The mudslide was a byproduct of a ferocious string of storms that has claimed at least 19 lives in the state since Friday. The heavy rain has left bluffs and hillsides soaked, raising the risk of more mudslides like the one that devastated La Conchita on Monday.

The dirt flowed like a waterfall, engulfing 15 homes in a four-block area of the town 70 miles northwest of Los Angeles. Panicked residents ran as the tons of mud closed in one them; others ran toward the mudslide, helping some of the injured reach safety.
    [...]
    Skies were sunny when the bluff at La Conchita gave way without warning. Rain returned overnight, but Tuesday morning the search went on under a sunny blue sky, the kind of day that draws people to the area’s beaches. No new storms were in sight through the weekend.

The National Weather Service said that downtown Los Angeles had recorded its wettest 15 consecutive days since record-keeping began in 1877, with a total of 17 inches of rain falling in the period ending Monday.

The storms brought heavy rain and snow to other states after moving eastward, causing flooding in Arizona, Nevada, and Utah. Several feet of snow fell in mountainous areas around the West.
    [...]
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6780872/
    This weather is weird. Absolutely no snow where I live, others get so much snow that it is only matched by a 90yr old record and now this!

What pisses me off is this:::

same source as above
    [...]
    Wallet, the man who spent the night digging for his wife and kids, was briefly handcuffed and detained after trying to run past a barricade.

“I have to get my kid! I have to get my kid!” Wallet screamed before he was taken into a command post and then allowed to return to the mound.
    [...]
    There is no need to detain this man. This is his family, come on!

T̙͓̞̣̯ͦͭͅͅȂͧͭͧ̏̈͏̖̖Z̿ ͆̎̄
    I had mentioned the weather before...and I agree it has been very weird...tidal waves, mudslides, flooding, heck...up till three days ago it was a balmy 46 degrees here and only one snowfall just before Christmas...and this is Canada...or at this part of Canada...not everywhere was this lucky.

Dead Man Walking
    We are usualy knee deep in the nasty white stuff by now and we had a freaking thunderstorm last night. Thunder in january wtf

California has recieved record breaking rain. I heard on NPR the other day that Los Angeles had not recieved this much rain since 1918.

There is no need to detain this man. This is his family, come on!
    Although, its hard to make a decision like this, the people who detained him probably did so because they believed that it might be dangerous for him to keep digging. You were not there and could not see if this man was extremely stressed out or what.

Now I just checked the article and the "news" has changed.

Thank you for emergency workers
    "I'm very pleased with the hard work and all the effort in finding my family," Wallet said in the statement relayed to The Associated Press by Ventura County sheriff's chaplain Ron Matthews.

Wallet, 37, had been searching alongside firefighters for his 36-year-old wife Michelle and their three daughters, Hanna, 10, Raven, 6, and Paloma, 2.
    No mention of the handcuffing unless it was another article.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

California has mudslides every year. Sometime several times a year. You build a city on a mountain side, removing the natural vegitation that holds the land in place and woosh.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

We are usualy knee deep in the nasty white stuff by now and we had a freaking thunderstorm last night. Thunder in january wtf
    I know, thats how it is here. As I speak it is rain when we would have been pounded with snow.

Although, its hard to make a decision like this, the people who detained him probably did so because they believed that it might be dangerous for him to keep digging. You were not there and could not see if this man was extremely stressed out or what.

Now I just checked the article and the "news" has changed.
    umm. That is weird it didn't say that yesterday, unless I missed it . Your right I wasn't there but still! It was his family and probably the only thing he has or had. oh well......

it's like stopping a guy from running into a burning building engulfed in flames. Perhaps?
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Underground Bunker, somewhere in Antarctica
    Thunder in january wtf
    we had some of that as well. it was pretty annoying, thunder at 1:30am.

i would like to know how that happened.
    I know your type, you think "I'll just get me a costume, rip off the neighborhood kids". Next thing you know, you've got a jet shaped like a skull with lasers on the front!
    -The Monarch.

You are certainly right,

We have had bad flooding here, Carlisle in particular and a big storm the other night with winds up to 90Mph.

Yet I looked in the garden and I have roses flowering, snowdrops flowering and I will have daffodils and carnations in about a week! We haven't had any snow, and only frost on a couple of days.............weird

Oh Kurt.................this is for you......................might help if it keeps on raining

Oh Kurt.................this is for you......................might help if it keeps on raining
    . Yes, very well! Its about time....lol Its going to be hard to use I guess. Have to upload my self as 1s and 0s.

Besides rain, I would prefer one of these: http://www.waffenhq.de/panzer/tiger_25.JPG. Come in handy, while doing my sunday stroll through town.